Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't join as friend

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
dimdem
Aspirant
Aspirant

We got the system today and my wife set it up as admin. It works well for her. However, she sent me an invite as a friend and I'm having no luck. I've created a Netgear account, but it forces me to go into system set-up and, and I choose the system we have, then tells me that it can't find my base station. This is true with both my PC, which is on the same network as the device, and my phone (which is also on the home wifi). The invitation continues to say pending on her end. Since I'm just a "friend," should it be looking for a base station at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dimdem
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the problem was solved, in what seems like an odd way. I decided to email tech support. When I signed in to do that, it completed the account creation process, which apparently wasn't going to completion when I used the link in the invitation. I got an email to confirm my email address, did that, and there were the cameras.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dimdem
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the problem was solved, in what seems like an odd way. I decided to email tech support. When I signed in to do that, it completed the account creation process, which apparently wasn't going to completion when I used the link in the invitation. I got an email to confirm my email address, did that, and there were the cameras.