Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All Arlo Pros frozen but Arlo Pro 2 are ok

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jmzwebb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have six cameras on the 99/year plan. Four Arlo Pros (night vision but no sound) and two Arlo Pro 2's (night vision and sound). The pros are freezing and not updating the images. The Pro 2's are working ok. This is on both iOS and in Safari. I've updated firmware on one of the cameras, plus the base station. What could still be broken?

6 REPLIES 6
jmzwebb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh, and obviously I've rebooted everything.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the cameras by reinserting the batteries? Also, try swapping a Pro and Pro 2 to see if it's the location that's causing the issue.

jmzwebb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just tried this. The Pro 2 continues to work right, but not the Pro. I should also mention that I *can* record video to the library using the Pro. But live doesn’t work, on either the web interface or iPhone. And I’ve had these things for more than a year, and they just started acting up maybe a month ago.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that a system reset is needed to set things straight. Remove all evices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device selection in the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted. Be sure to note settings, mode, rules and schedule before restting to speed rebuilding.

jmzwebb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried this, but the problem persists. The cameras will connect and record, but will not update live.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru