Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
28mark
Guide
Guide
Where is the alarm siren Button on the iPhone apple app? It's no longer there.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@28mark

The siren has been moved to the top of the devices page in the ios app. Just under the Arlo logo, you will see a thin gray or green horizontal line. Touch that line and swipe downwards and the Alarm button will appear. In the PC IDE there is a blue Bell icon on the top right of the page.

Brian

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Apparently it's a gray line at the top.

brh
Master
Master

@28mark

The siren has been moved to the top of the devices page in the ios app. Just under the Arlo logo, you will see a thin gray or green horizontal line. Touch that line and swipe downwards and the Alarm button will appear. In the PC IDE there is a blue Bell icon on the top right of the page.

Brian

johnlib
Tutor
Tutor

Under the Devices tab at the top is a little arrow. swipe it down and Alarm is there

JEEP2001
Initiate
Initiate
Why move it and not tell anybody?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@JEEP2001wrote:
Why move it and not tell anybody?

For android they did tell everyone. In the google play store when you look at the arlo app in the store there is a "what's new" section. It states right in there that the button was moved to the top. I assume the apple store has a similar section to tell you what's changed in the app.

This is why I tell people to turn off auto-update of your apps, just leave notification on only. Then when you're notified of an app update, you can read what has changed before you update. Or if you must keep auto-update on, when the app updates itself go into the store and see what's new.

Note: for android the button was moved in the previous version and the what's new section showed that. Now that the android app was updated again last night, it now shows what's new in the newer version so the button move note is now gone.

jstar1
Tutor
Tutor

Appreciate the Siren Location button help! Can you tell me how to adjust the siren volume? Can't find the place in the app. that facilitates that action.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jstar1,

Siren loudness can be found by editing your existing mode/rules or by creating a custom mode. For more information, take a look here: How do I create a rule that includes a siren trigger?

JamesC

Nedder
Aspirant
Aspirant
On my Arlo app there used to be a icon saying alarm on it, I could set my alarm on or off on the arlo unit in my house by pushing this icon on the app. Now the alarm app has disappeared on the app., does anyone know how to reinstall this alarm icon on the app ? Thanks.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you mean IOS... it's the small center bar on the live view screen...a pull down

on android, it's a small tab in center

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
nflyer
Tutor
Tutor

Had to factory reset my base station (with Alarm).  It disappeard from my device list on my computer / i-devices.  I can activate the alarm from my desktop (have to go to computer, awaken, go to my Arlo account, press the blue alarm button on top left of screen, answer the question "are you sure...?"  In case of an emergency, I or my family would be robbed (or worse) by the time we did all that.

There used to be an alarm activation that appeard on our phones.  Need to set off alarm, awaken phone, open app, press button, BOOM!  Alarm is going off.  That has since disappeard.  

I've attemtped to "ADD DEVICE" six times now and, while the alarm base station is active with a camera synced, it appears no where in my device list.  Is this a change or have I read the directions wrong six times?

Getting fed up with all theses ARLO glitches and gotchas.  

Thanks in advance.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On iOS phones/devices  are you sure it's not there.. it was moved a little while back to a mini pull down bar in center top of screen ( Live View, IIRC )

Morse is faster than texting!
nflyer
Tutor
Tutor

Well, what do ya know!  Yes, it's there.  First I had heard of it.  You'd think an update like that might warrant an effort at direct communication rather than hoping to catch it in the fine print.

Much appreciated!

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just FYI -- when the version of the app came out that had moved the alarm button, the "What's New" section in the google play store and apple store explained that the button was moved. Instead of auto-updating your apps, turn that off and update manually. Manually updating your apps allows you to read what's changed in the apps before you update.

28mark
Guide
Guide

thank you for the info, how do I remove auto update?  Couldn't find it

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

On android........open google play store > tap the 3 lines in upper left to show the menu > settings > auto-update apps > choose do not auto update.

I'm not sure on iPhone, but probably a similar setting in the apple store.

28mark
Guide
Guide

thanks, I have an iphone, so still can't figure it out if anyone else knows how.

I don't have google play either

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I just looked on my buddies iPhone. Try settings > iTunes and App Store > toogle off app updates.

28mark
Guide
Guide

thank you