Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
RickNY
Star
Star

I migrated from the Arlo Legacy app to the new Arlo app, Version 2.9.  iOS 13.1 was released earlier today, and my iPhone has been updated to that.  When viewing clips from my library with the Arlo app, if I press the X to close the video before the clip is finished playing, the video closes -- but the audio from that video clip continues playing until completion.  I experienced this during the beta of iOS 13.1, but this bug continues with the official iOS 13.1 release version as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently released a new Arlo iOS app update (version 2.10) and should fix this issue. Make sure to update the newest Arlo iOS app. If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RickNY,

Our development team is investigating the problem where users are hearing the audio play in the background after closing a library clip before the entire duration on iOS devices. We'll provide an update once we hear any new information. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Mayflowers
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same issue with the audio continuing to play after clicking on the X. In addition, at the start of the recording the screen goes black with the audio still playing. When the recorded video does begin to play it drags for the first few seconds then plays as normal. This is happening with the recordings for all 4 of my cameras. I’ve taken the batteries out and put them back in, restarted the base as well as switched the cameras off then back on and the problem still persists.
Elex163
Initiate
Initiate
I play a video from the library and leave the video before it ends, the audio still plays in background, even when I play the next video, I will hear both audios play at the same time. It’s annoying. I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 13.1.1 with Arlo app version 2.9.1.
DeArlo
Star
Star

It's happening on my iPhone 8 on iOS 13.1.1 as well.   The audio issue is driving me batty, I think I will return to the last days of Arlo Legacy, hopefully there will be a fix before Legacy is gone for good on Sept 30.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Several folks have reported this, and it sounds like an app issue - so resyncing cameras, etc won't help.  Hopefully Arlo will update the app soon with a fix (along with the duplicate notification issue).

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have noticed an issue ever since the release of the new "Arlo" brand app.

Where I use to be able to cancel out of viewing a recording in the middle of it, or any point during the playback I find now that very often the sound continues to play on, EVEN if I select a different recorded video. The sound from the "cancelled" playback will play over top of the newer video I have selected. 

Or if I just want to stop playback because I don't need to see the end of it, it keeps playing and the only way to stop it is to actually exit the app. Then I would need to relaunch the app to view a different video.

Also, the icon which indicates how many new videos are on each camera does not clear out after viewing sometimes. I need to exit the app, re log on and go to "library" first. That will also clear the recording numbers. This also applies to the little red number dot of the phone main screen widget. Never did this before the new app. I hate to say it but I'm missing Netgear already.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like iOS....

I'd uninstall and reinstall the app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, it’s the same on my iPad using the latest iPadOS. There’s a few bugs that need to be ironed out. 
reinstalling the app does not solve the issues which I’ve tried. Just got to wait to see if they solve them with updates I’m afraid.

RickNY
Star
Star
So, I have new behavior to report after my phone updated to iOS 13.1.2
The problem with audio continuing to play while in the app still exists. However, now - if you leave the Arlo app, the audio will stop. Previously, the audio would still continue through its entirety even if you left the Arlo app.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

And on top of the other issues posted already, why can’t I stop the playback of the videos in mid stream anymore. Even if I select a new video, the audio portion of the previous one is still going, with the new one playing over top of it. What the hell is going on? I need to close the app completely and then re launch it again to watch the next video. And to think that I actually talked a stranger in Best Buy into buying this system a few days ago. I feel ashamed now. I should have let him buy the competitions product.

MechOps
Tutor
Tutor

This started happening to me with the latest iOS app update. I think it's an issue with that. Hopefully Arlo will fix this bug soon and release an update. It is SUPER annoying.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice
It’s the middle of October and I am still experiencing exactly the same symptoms. New Arlo app and iOS 13.1.2.

Some of my Arlo Pro cameras are still dodgy since the last firmware update. Pixelated; B&W video.

I’ve gone through these maladies before with Netgear/Arlo. New name/company, same old issues and slow correction response.

I guess some things never change.
Ceejayman
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo system is doing the same thing. The Arlo pro sound continues after I close the video.  I have to shutdown the app to stop the sound.  Please keep me informed of the fix!

aldiaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app version is 2.9.1 (1134).

I’m having same issue and when app starts a video plays in the background without me selecting anything to play.
74Supet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue experienced here. Come on Arlo/Netgear get the problem sorted
RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wouldn’t that be nice? Past experience dictates resolutions are slow in coming. Very slow.

But while waiting for a fix, time is afforded to seek out an alternative security solution. Eufy maybe?
jnankivel
Aspirant
Aspirant

The video playback in the iPhone app has some bugs. If you start playing a video, and then switch to a different one and play again, the sound from the first video keeps going in the background. When playing another video, the iPhone app should stop playing the one that is already actively playing. Because it doesn't, when this happens I just force-quit the app entirely in order to reset so I'm not hearing audio from multiple videos simultaneously.

TnmnC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since installing the latest app for iOS the video continues to play audio when deleted until the video is finished
RickNY
Star
Star
Just verified that the audio issue has been fixed in version 2.10 now in the App Store. I’m on iOS 13.2 beta 4 now.

Thanks
Rick
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently released a new Arlo iOS app update (version 2.10) and should fix this issue. Make sure to update the newest Arlo iOS app. If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.