Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Desmodog
Guide
Guide
I currently have 5 cameras on the 5 camera plan.

I want to add a 6th camera that will only be used on rare occasions so I don’t need the $10 per month plan. I was hoping to activate it when I need it. Then deactivate it when I don’t.

Can I add a 6th camera without going to the $10 plan?

If so. How? If I deactivate one camera can I reactivate it later?

This is likely a simple deal but I’m an hour from the location so i can’t test it out easily.

Thanks for any help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't have to remove a camera - you can use Manage Camera Status to deactivate a camera which will allow you to activate the other. All 6 will show up but only 5 can be active at one time under the free plan.

Of course, upgrading your subscription eliminates this need.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Desmodog
Guide
Guide
I put this in the wrong forum. Can someone move it?

Sorry.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The count is based on the number of cameras registered to the base. You would have to remove one to add another which is not what you want.

You could get a second base set up using a different email address and link the 6th plus 4 more cameras to that base. Then grant access between the accounts to have them all visible in the app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't have to remove a camera - you can use Manage Camera Status to deactivate a camera which will allow you to activate the other. All 6 will show up but only 5 can be active at one time under the free plan.

Of course, upgrading your subscription eliminates this need.

Desmodog
Guide
Guide
Thanks for all the input. I have a spare base station so that seems like the best bet. I had no idea you could "link" them in such a way.

Thanks again!