Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Kirst
Tutor
Tutor

Only my modem is showing in the Mode section on the app on my mobile. I need it to show the camera devices so I can set up Geofencing on my mobile for my devices. help!

21 REPLIES 21
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In MODE section , usu the base shows up on left side, click on the arlo base and modes should show on right ( PC)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Kirst
Tutor
Tutor

It's only showing the modem in the Mode setting on my app. Then when I click into that it shows Active, Deactive, Schedule, Geofencing. There aren't any devices showing. I HATE this company!

watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
what happens when you click on the device tab
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

First of all, are you using the android app or the iOS app?

For andriod, tap on mode, tap Arlo pro, you will then see the modes: armed, disarm, schedule, geofencing. Tap the pencil next to geofencing, for away choose armed, for home choose disarm. Save (upper right) and back out to the mode screen. Tap the pencil next to armed, you should see your cameras under rules, tape the pencil next to your camera and set it up how you want. 

You can also tap add a mode on the mode screen, name it, tap next, choose the cameras you want, next, setup how you like.

I assume the iOS app is very similar. Hope that helps.

Kirst
Tutor
Tutor

All 4 cameras and the alarm are there in the Device tab. The modem and alarm, with 4 cameras are showing in the setting tab too. (this is true for both PC and the app).

I have tried to contact support and they just either hang up on you, put you on hold for an hour, don't know what they're talking about when you actually get a person, etc. I am completely frustrated and am tempted to return this product. 

All i want to do is set up schedule and geofencing on my cameras. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Why is it this hard! 

Kirst
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using IOS. 😞

I tried to set up geofencing with the pencil, but because my modem is the only device in the Mode tab, it set up geofencing on my modem and I have NO idea how to delete that and get my devices in the Mode tab. 😞

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

You can't setup geofencing on the base, so I'm a bit confused on that part, but are you saying, when you tap the pencil next to the Armed mode that no cameras show up?

Kirst
Tutor
Tutor

Well some how I have set up the default geofencing on the base because the modem was the only choice to select from in the Mode tab. 

When I click on the pencil in armed mode, it shows 4 rules, each rule is set as Record video on (name of camera) if (name of camera) detects motion. 

There is no option to set geofencing to a camera. 😞

pc2k17
Hero
Hero
Ok, your almost there. if your cameras show under armed, go thru each camera (tap pencil next to each camera) and set it up how you like. Remember to tap save each time. Once armed is setup, tap the pencil on the geofencing mode, scroll down a bit and you'll see an option for which mode you want set when your away or home, under away choose armed, under home choose disarm, save settings. Now when you choose the geofencing mode it will use the armed mode when your away and the disarm mode when your home.

You don't actually choose geofencing for each camera, you tell the geofencing mode with one of the other modes to use when away or home.
Kirst
Tutor
Tutor

You've misunderstood. There are NO cameras showing it is only showing rules for the modem. The modem is the only device in the Mode tab.

Kirst
Tutor
Tutor

There is also no option to delete those rules or geofencing on the modem. Hence why I am completely stuck at the moment. 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

You choose your cameras under the rules. Tap the pencil next to the rule. Under "if the following" tap the first field right below the wording (I forget what it says in that field by default because I renamed mine), but tap there and you'll be able to choose your cameras that you want that rule to control. It's right under "if the following" in the rule.

If you tap in that field and there are no cameras showing up then something didn't go right during your setup. You could try uninstalling the app and reinstalling or try syncing your cameras to the base again.

Also, if you tap settings, my devices, your cameras should show there. tap one and you can rename it to what you like. If you go to settings, my devices, and no cameras are there then setup didn't go right. Re-sync your cameras and check again.

Kirst
Tutor
Tutor

I will have to try setting it up again. I'm getting nowhere at the moment. Can't hurt to try. Thanks.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ok and just to make sure you aren't starting over for no reason......

Settings in located under the 3 dots at the upper right of the app.

Under: settings, my devices, you should see....... your base station, then your base station again with a bell icon, then your cameras under that. If they are there they are setup correctly. I'd suggest renaming them at this point by tapping each camera and changing the name. If no cameras are there then try to setup the cameras again.

Under: Mode

You will not see your cameras there. You will see your base. Tap base and you see the modes. Under each mode you see the rules. Under the armed mode it auto-populates with rules. Those rules ARE your cameras. In the rule settings under "if the following" you can tap that field and choose different cameras for that rule if you want.

After re-reading your previous post, I wanted to make sure you understand that your cameras do NOT show under mode, only your base does. Clicking the base gives you the modes. Those modes are for the entire system cameras and all. In armed mode you have rules, those rules are your cameras and different cameras can be choosen if wanted.

Hope that helps clear things up.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also there are FAQs here that step you through the whole process.

Jumppfg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem with no resolution in sight. This really sucks!!!!
Jumppfg
Aspirant
Aspirant
It ask me if I want to add devices again and then take me through that whole process again and again
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jumppfg,

Adding devices is only for adding a new camera or a base station. It's not clear what issue you are trying to describe. Please give us more details on what you are experiencing.

JamesC

Macey-ky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. That was very helpful.  My issue is turning off the notifications on my phone.  Can I do that without turning off recording?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. If you need no notifications at all, edit you rmodes and turn them off. Mode tab, select your base, edit the Armed mode. All settings are in there. Read the FAQs here for full details.

adluna
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 cameras and my setup is just as you describe. Geofencing is set to Arm when I am out of the area of my home and Disarm when I am home. However, only one camera disarms when I am home. The other camera stays armed and continues to record/notify/etc. when I am home.  Both cameras are setup exactly the same, except for the name. I cannot find a way, other than manually disarming the whole system, to make the second camera stop recording/notifying/etc. when I am homw. DO you have any suggestions on how to correct this? TIA!