Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro VMS4130-100NAS Live Viewing Issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pgasper
Follower
Follower

Just installed the Arlo Pro VMS4130-100NAS today, which took way longer and was more of a pain than expected, as we couldn't get it working via the smartphone app, but could via the desktop. And the camera never made the noise to let us know it was synced, so we assumed it was (and it was after the 5th attempt). But now the issue we are having is that it seems to work fine for viewing live on the app, but when trying to view live on the desktop it will not work. The camera image shows a still from when I mounted the camera with Xm ago in the bottom left. If I click the LIVE play button it says "please wait..." for about 30 seconds and then just goes back to the still image with Xm ago in the bottom left. I cannot do any camera settings via the desktop because there is no live feed to work off of, just a still photo, so I cannot pan & zoom or optimize. How can I get this thing working via the desktop?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless cameras don't make a noise to let you know they're synced. They use the LED on the front of the camera for that. It should blink slow blue while syncing followed by rapid blue when finishing.

Live view on a computer requires that you have the latest Flash installed and enabled. Recent browser updates have disabled Flash by default so you have to use the browser menu to enable it, at least for arlo.netgear.com.