Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO VIDEO QUALITY BECOMING INCREASINGLY WORSE.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
HADLEY21
Tutor
Tutor

i purchased an arlo pro this past december mainly to keep an eye on the wildlife in my back yard at night and while i was at work. the camera performed almost flawlessly for the first 3 months that i owned it. the live stream video was always smooth and the video qulaity was exclent. however, over the last few months the video qulity has taken a 180. it’s to the point now where if i cant figure out how to fix it im going to get rid of the camera. the change in quality started slow and has continued to get worse. it started with the video starting to get blocky as i watched the camera. this was especially apparent at night when it was snowing as the snow would no longer fall smoothly to the ground but leave streaks as it fell. this blocky video continued to get worse as time went on to the point where now the video quality is awful. the other big issue that i have started to run into just in the last week or so is that now the colors of everything when the camera is turned on are washed out a lot of the time. to the point where it almost looks like the video is in black and white. this was an issue i never had until about a week ago. on top of these things the live stream video will hardly play at all when trying to watch from a computer. it still seems to work ok on my i phone most of the time and is smooth (still with bad picture quality) but when trying to watch from a computer the video is not smooth at all.

now im going to put a few things to rest right now before the obvious questions start coming in.

yes, the video quality is turned to (best). i have not moved the camera or the base station since installing the camera in december. the camera always maintains a good 2 to 3 bar conection with the base station. my internet speeds are very good and i have not added any other diveses in the house that use up more of my wifi. literally nothing as changed since installing the camera as far as my internet speed or usage goes. i have tried restting the camera and base station. pulled the battery and even brought the camera in the house and put it right next to the base station and still had the same results. the live stream video has just tanked and from what i can tell there is absolutly no reason for it on my end.

26 REPLIES 26
jinxman
Star
Star

@ShayneS wrote:

jinxman,

Do you have a case with customer support regarding this issue?

I could do so, if you let me know the email address of the support team. Looking here https://www.arlo.com/de/support/contact.aspx I can either ring up, or have a live chat, but I prefer to send an email (or fill up a form/questionaire) and attach pictures and such, to be able to better illustrate the problem.

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

jinxman,

I have provided the link for Arlo Tech Support here - Support