Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras don't always connect when watching live, frozen/blurry recordings, recordings missing

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Imati0n
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ll try and make a long story short, but extremely disappointed with Arlo. Wife and I have been debating selling the entire system and buying Ring cameras/lights.

Bought a 5 camera Arlo Pro system over a year ago. Thought this would be a simple solution to home monitoring without having to call the pros out.

Installed all 5 cameras and for the first 4-6 months the system worked flawless. After that we have had nothing but issues.

1. The cameras don’t always connect when on the Arlo app to watch live. (Mind you the base station AND cameras have NOT been moved since day 1)
2. Occasionally the recordings are either frozen, blurry, distorted or have no sounds.
3. Recordings don’t always show up in our recording list. (We pay for 30 days of storage)

I can’t seem to figure out why these problems came about when the first 4-6 months we had 0 problems. I noticed that when Arlo started to update the iOS app we started to notice more problems as well.

All cameras have good WiFi signal, charges batteries and updated firmware.

Also here is my internet speed:

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you show us a Wifi Analyzer channel graph of the 2.4GHz channel from your house?

Imati0n
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been reading and noticed these cameras run off 2.4ghz. I will check when I get home (just started a 72 hour shift at work) and will most likely hide my 2.4ghz network so people only connect to the 5ghz network to minimize interference.