Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

3 of my Pro cameras unable to view live stream. Tried different internet. Not receiving recording.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gman23
Tutor
Tutor

3 of my Arlo Pro cameras are unable to view live stream for some reason.
It was fine yesterday, however one of the cameras was having mic issues so I decided to restart the Bridge. But since then, I was unable to view live stream on app or website dashboard.
I contacted support and go through all the reset and adding the cameras again one by one but still unsolved. I even brought the system and tried them at my office using a different internet but the problem still persist. Anybody having the same issue??

PS: I am still able to get push notification from motion detection ( but no video recording in the library ) and the app still detects whenever I charge the camera.

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi gman23,

Try moving your cameras closer to the Base Station as a test to see if you're able to view your live stream. And are you experiencing this issue on the Arlo app when you're on WiFi and/or cellular data?

Also try removing the batteries from your Arlo Pro cameras and re-insert them back to see if that helps as well.

gman23
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I have already all tried that.

Issue is there using both cellular data or WiFi. I tried using app or using the web based dashboard.

On the app if I try to stream it will continue to say "Connecting..." but on the web based dashboard it will immediately appear a message saying " It looks like the device is busy or offline. Please make sure your device is connected and so on and so on..."

I don't know why that message appears when everything is good. I got 3 green lights on the Hub and the cameras batteries are all above 90%.

Its really frustrating because its been 4 days and the cameras are still not functioning.

gman23
Tutor
Tutor

So I spoke with Karen from support yesterday.

After much troubleshooting and discussion, Karen pointed that the issue lies with the Bridge/Base and that it needs to be replaced.

My Base model is the VMB4000.

Fortunately, I have a relative that uses the same system as mine and I might just borrow it off him first and test before actually spending money on buying a new one.

Will update again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gman23 wrote:

Fortunately, I have a relative that uses the same system as mine and I might just borrow it off him first and test before actually spending money on buying a new one.

Make sure you remove the base and his cameras from his account before you try to add the base to your account.  And of course remove it from your account before you give it back.

You can't add a device to your account while it is in someone else's.

gman23
Tutor
Tutor

-UPDATE-

So I tried connecting my cameras to the borrowed base, the cameras worked and able to stream again.

Curious, I then decided to try and switch back to my base again and surprisingly the cameras worked also!

So what I notice is when I added the cameras to the borrowed base, I renamed all of the cameras to a random name and that actually fixed the issue.

If I kept the existing name, the cameras would not stream.

But the process is a bit of a hassle as I have to use the borrowed base, connect and rename all of the cameras to it and then after all cameras are working, I then removed it from that base, connect everything again to my existing base.

That fixed it.

I cannot use my base to do all that for some reason because even if I did a reset and try to rename the cameras the previous name will still appear.

I am glad I did not spend any money to buy a new base and now I am certain this is a firmware issue. ( the base and/or the camera )

P.S: The speaker/mic issue on one of my cameras still persist. There is no sound coming out. I am certain this is a firmware issue as well because that camera is always placed indoors. Hopefully Arlo support can look into this and provide a fix soon.