Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
DaveMostats
Tutor
Tutor

Of the five Arlo pro cameras I have, one keeps dropping like every two or three weeks.  The battery’s all tend to last about a month.  But, this one camera will work fine and then just goes offline.  I haveve to bring it down, take the battery out, reinsert the battery and then resink it.   Then put it back up and it will work fine for another two or three weeks.  I even moved it closer to the router.... like 5 feet away.  All the other cameras work fine and I am very pleased.  I got this at Christmas, so it’s less then 8 months old.    What do I do?

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.    

Dave 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

DaveMostats,

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DaveMostats,

It sounds like there could be an interference or range issue that is causing that camera to have trouble maintaining it's connection with the base station. Try swapping the location of that camera with one of the cameras that works fine and test. This will help isolate the issue to being a problem with the camera or the cameras location.

JamesC

DaveMostats
Tutor
Tutor

Attn: James C.

As stated before, the camera was great for like 6 months.  Then, for no apparent reason, it simply goes off line... about every two to three weeks.  Move camera to different locations with same results.  The last time was about 10 feets from base station. And like before, works great for like two or three weeks, then simply goes offline.  Have to take the camera battery out, push it back in and set the camera next to the base to syn.  Everything works fine for another two to three weeks.  

PLEASE....... Help me.

David Mostats

PS.... the other four cameras work great, regardless of where I put them.

MPooh-1
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem. It was a 4 set package. About once a month 2 cameras say off line the other two are fine. Change batteries and resync. Nope 2 are still offline! Grrr frustrating!!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MPooh-1,

Where are these two cameras located from the base station? Have you tried to move the base station or router further from each other?

DaveMostats
Tutor
Tutor

Ok....  so upset..... 2 email reply’s to my problem and both said the same thing.   Move it closer to a location that works.  It’s in the text, that I moved it to a location 5 feet from the router and it still drops after a week or two. 

Going to put this on Facebook. Maybe some one there can help me.

Dave

DaveMostats
Tutor
Tutor

I have moved the camera to several locations, one was 5 feet from the base.  I think that there might be a short in the camera.  Each time, when it goes out, I put in a fully charged battery and the one I take out is empty.  The other cameras will go up to 60 days between charging.  So I need to find out what I can do about replacing this camera.  It’s still under warranty but I have been trying to get this fixed since last April.  The warranty will be out in two months.  

So.... what do I do?

David Mostats

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

DaveMostats,

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

davidjamesbull
Initiate
Initiate
this should not be marked as solved... is the plan to share the fix with the broader audience?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

davidjamesbull,

What is the issue you are experiencing with your camera?

davidjamesbull
Initiate
Initiate

Same as described in this thread.  Camera keep saying the device is offline...  Take it down, resynch, get it working, put it back in place, drops a week or two later.  Not sure of the time frame.  Currently about 30 feet away.  I'll be trying the 10 foot test next.  

Tsc14
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem with 1 camera and mine are about a month old.. I’ve reset it 2x and today makes 3. I feel it is a defect in the camera. What says you Arlo employee?
Tsc14
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is a pic of the issues.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tsc14

Have you made any changes to your router or base station placement? There may be some interference happening within the area. Have you tried to reboot your router? Is there a possibility you can move the trouble camera inside closer to the base station and test again?

Tsc14
Aspirant
Aspirant
This camera is 12ft away and is in visible sight of the base. The other 3 are more than 25ft away. Moving this camera would defeat the purpose of having it there. I did cycled my router on Saturday, because my computer was lagging. The issue popped up today. This is the third time on the same camera.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tsc14

Is it possible to swap locations with the camera to see if this issue stays with the device?

Tsc14
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can swap with a camera that is farther away and has more obstacles in its way.