Pro 5 not live streaming and connectivity problems

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
GVR4996
Guide
Guide

Out of the blue two days ago my three Arlo Pro 5S 2K cameras started having multiple problems. Started with the inability to view live streams. From there it went on to connectivity problems then work its way onto saying certain cameras were offline.

I seem to have run across some information on the web stating that Arlo was having large scale problems as of late with the pro 5s and other cameras. It has been difficult to confirm and Arlo does not seem to have any information themselves stating as such.

Just curious if anyone else has been having these sorts of situations as of late.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're aware that some users may have experienced issues onboarding and live streaming to their Essential 2nd Generation, Pro 5 and Security System devices. Our team has worked to resolve those issues and you should now be able to proceed with onboarding and live streaming your device. We recommend charging your camera for at least 30 minutes before starting the onboarding process.

If you are still having difficulty getting your device connected or accessing your device’s live stream, please contact us through the Support tab in your Arlo Secure App (under Settings) to reach an authorized Arlo Customer Care expert or direct message us here with your Arlo account email address so we can follow-up with you directly.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Arlo Team

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing issues onboarding and streaming  new devices. For more information and updates, see here: https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

27 REPLIES 27
jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having issues with mine as well.  I can't view any live feeds on my dashboard.

I can see feeds from the Pro 3 one but not any of the Pro 5 cams.

Patmat439
Star
Star

I too am having issues connecting to my four pro 5s cameras.  I get notifications that they capture motion, but I can’t directly connect to them to live stream.  I have tired rebooting my router and the devices themselves without success.  I have also noted really bad battery drain the last day or so.  Not sure what could be causing this.

Patrick 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing issues onboarding and streaming  new devices. For more information and updates, see here: https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

Patmat439
Star
Star

James

Thanks for the quick reply!  Really appreciate it!

Patrick 

GVR4996
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the link James but unfortunately you mentioned that there is "more information and updates" but that is not the case on the link that you have posted. In fact it says there have been no issues reported today (11-13-23). Therefore there is no more information than what we have just talked about on this post. Thank you for your time.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, I don't see anything about Pro 5 camera streaming on that page.

RangeWolf
Star
Star

I too am having the same problem. All 5 of my Pro 5S cameras are showing off line. I cannot connect to them through secure link and if I disable it and just use WiFi I still cannot connect to them to stream live. The other cameras that are not Pro 5S cameras are connected and live stream. I should add, I now cannot enable secure link on the cameras i disabled it on for testing.  This means I essentially have no security cameras operational to watch the perimeter of my home. 

dcdeforest
Star
Star

I am also experiencing problems with my Pro 5S 2K cameras. I switched to dual band (2.4 and 5ghz both available at my choosing) today in my household and reconnected the cameras. My indoor essential cameras and my doorbell connected fine, but my PRO 5S cameras are having issues, one connected to the internet but won't display live feed, the other just flat out won't be recognized.

Very frustrating, hoping for some word on this soon, I've been at this troubleshooting for two hours.

blinky100
Aspirant
Aspirant

My pro 5 stopped working suddenly yesterday.  Have tried resetting it multiple times and it won't connect to my phone after months of working fine....

blinky100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very frustrated that my Arlo Pro 5s suddenly stopped working two days ago after only having it for a few months.  I've tried a factory reset multiple times and removing then adding it back to my phone app.  It is no longer showing up in my phone "no cameras were found".

This is garbage, this is the second Arlo product I've purchased that worked for a few months then died suddenly.  Does anyone have a number I can call?  Their online chat service is a joke. Does anyone have any recommendations for security cameras that actually work? 

dcdeforest
Star
Star

I would also like to add when trying to remove the devices from my app to re-add them, it allows me to click the remove device button but they do not show removed my app. It's as if they're stuck there. I have tried connecting to the wifi, resetting the device, removing the device, etc. all to no positive result.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing issues onboarding new devices. For more information and updates, see here: https://status.arlo.com/

You can contact support by logging in to your Arlo app and navigating to Settings > Support. From there you will be presented with contact options.

JamesC

blinky100
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not a new device, it was working fine for months and now apparently it's a brick...

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problems here with my Pro 5S since yesterday.  No live streaming function.  Problem exists on any device that I usually use to view cams including android phone, chromebook and windows pc.

Tried the usual simple fixes today and nothing worked. Didn't want to reset / remove device but was planning to do so tomorrow. Apparently that don't work based on others comments.

Guess it's a wait and hope scenario again. 

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Joseph17 wrote:

Same problems here with my Pro 5S since yesterday.  No live streaming function.  Problem exists on any device that I usually use to view cams including android phone, chromebook and windows pc.

Tried the usual simple fixes today and nothing worked. Didn't want to reset / remove device but was planning to do so tomorrow. Apparently that don't work based on others comments.

Guess it's a wait and hope scenario again. 

I wouldn't bother troubleshooting on your end.  They've got something broken on their end.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jfencl wrote:

Yeah, I don't see anything about Pro 5 camera streaming on that page.

The page has been updated to include Pro 5 streaming.

https://status.arlo.com/?cid=a&cid=a

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

3 of my cameras are connected to solar panels and were at 100% at sundown.  They are now about to die because the batteries are drained.  That's 4 hours of battery life.

ciarlatano
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issues with Pro 5S. Unable to live stream, unable to make changes in settings and cameras randomly arm and disarm. 

RangeWolf
Star
Star

Status page says everything is working but that is simply not the case. My Pro 5s cameras still do not live stream, won’t connect to the secure link, and drain battery in hours. 

GVR4996
Guide
Guide

Just noticed the battery drain!!  All camera batteries are draining ridiculously fast! 

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

My cameras that aren't dead seem to be working so far.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jfencl wrote:

My cameras that aren't dead seem to be working so far.

I spoke too soon.  I get nothing but "Please wait..." trying to view the live stream of my cameras on my dashboard.  It's been sitting like that for several minutes now.

Also, takes forever to even sign into my account.

dcdeforest
Star
Star

Reporting back - I have now got my Pro 5S cameras working again. I removed them from my account, re-added them without any issue connectings them, AND the live stream is working again. Will report back about any battery issues if I see them drain quickly but glad the issue was resolved in a timely manner.

dcdeforest
Star
Star

Forgot to mention, on top of this, I hard reset the cameras holding down the sync button until the amber flashing lights, then added them back.