Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo pro 5 and pro 4 cameras saying I have found a premium feature (I have has a secure plus subscription for 9 plus years).  Can’t change or see smart notifications.  I know this is happening to others with a subscription.  

Is  tecnical group working on a fix for This?  It just started happening today.
 Also one of my pro 5 cameras is not charging on a solar panel connected (all other 5  pro 5 cameras on a solar panel are charging).  Charged it to 100% late yesterday by taking it down and charging it manually but today it is at 75%.  It connected to the solar panel appears to be draining the battery.  Yesterday it said to connects a compatible cable to charge the camera (Arlo brand solar panel connected). Today it doesn’t say that but it’s not charging and draining the battery (yes solar panel is in full sun and should be charging)

please help resolve these issues

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are seeing with the Premium feature message. It is currently being looked into by our development team. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

43 REPLIES 43
Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

BrookeN

my issue with the camera saying it needs a compatible charger is still happening.  This camera is connected to an Arlo Solar Panel and the battery is now down to 57%.  .  It’s only on this one camera (another pro5 camera was saying that but it went away and it started charging again with the solar panel).  I have 6 cameras connected to Arlo solar panels and this is the only one with this issue.  
how can I get this working again?  ( reminder that I put a brand new Arlo solar panel on it  5-6 days ago and swapped out the battery and it worked fine for about 3-4 day and was keeping it charged to 100% until yesterday (5-14-24)

I don’t know what else to do…..

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have the development team looking into this. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

BrookeN

well the camera drained all the way down to 1% then went offline with still saying connect a compatible charger to charge the camera.  That was about 3 days ago. Today we took the camera down charged it inside to 100% with a regular charger…that worked fine.  We connected a NEW pro 5 camera outside to the solar panel and got the same message “connect a compatible charging cable to charge the camera” and the battery started draining ….went from 100% to 97% in about 10 minutes). We then replaced the solar panel with a brand new solar panel (which is what we did two weeks ago…so this is the second new solar panel). The new camera is now charging with the new solar panel.

So it appears that the pro 5 camera that we took down has the magnetic charging connection that is some how being affected by water that then messes up the solar panel connection and says you need to connect a compatible to charge the battery.  (So we have bought a new camera and two new solar panels to FIX this issue…an expensive fix). Seems like the Camera has an issue with the magnetic connection getting wet while the other 6 cameras I have outside on solar panels are good.  This pro 5 camera was purchased from Arlo and had been up for a little over a year with no problem until about 2 weeks ago.  Will Arlo offer in help with this issue?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have a subscription, I can not look that up as I do not have the email address associated with the account. If so, please contact support to see what options they can give you in regard to the Pro 5. You can get there by going into the app, Click on the gear shift by the camera needing support, click support and then choose phone support. 

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes I have a subscription.  Our account is under a different email.  Can you send me an email that I can respond to and I will provide email and account name.  I haven’t ever had much luck with support.  They just made you go through all these steps (which I’ve already done) and I never get a resolution….

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can send me a dm. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

vlsmith7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell with the message in my feed saying:  You found a premium feature.  Has there been a solution to this problem?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vlsmith7 wrote:

I have an Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell with the message in my feed saying:  You found a premium feature.  Has there been a solution to this problem?

Did your subscription expire?

Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

Hi, 

i bought some used pro 2 -3 -4 cameras. 

the pro 2 works fine, but the pro 3 and 4 gives me the “ You found a premium feature“ and will not save the videos to the hub usb,  the pro2 work fine. 

i have deleted all, reset and re installed.  I get the same message,  i checked the website and it shows no plans setup.

i contacted arlo to no solve.

is there any super sleuths out there ?  Greatky appreciate any help.  Also i am a pc geek so i do know a bit.

cheers 

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Have you had a look on the Internet to find out about this particular message and specifically those two types of cameras (pro 3 and pro 4)? No surprise they've not responded to you yet.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cam1abc wrote:

the pro 2 works fine, but the pro 3 and 4 gives me the “ You found a premium feature“ and will not save the videos to the hub usb,  the pro2 work fine. 

What model hub did you purchase?  Look for a VMBxxxx label on it.

The simple solution is to purchase a multicamera Arlo Secure subscription plan for the cameras.

There are two options for accessing recordings without a subscription (neither great), but one is only available if you have a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub.

Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

No…..  its simple.

they stuffed up. 

i have pro 3 still recording locally!    They updated the firmware and after this latest update it screws you!

i have no online account, no plans !   At all. 

now dumb dumb arlo says on one page that they releasing a new arlo app..     but fail to tell you its their firmware updates to the cameras that will leave you without security ! 

their own help team has no idea !  Just look at the replies. 

its not cool to waste peoples time let alone thousands !  

they could have just notified all users !   But Noop!

infact their own advice will brick your cameras until their new “ arlo secure” app is released 🤣
if your cameras work atm DO NOT UPDATE. 

thanks Arlo.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cam1abc wrote:

i have pro 3 still recording locally!  

Sounds like you have a smarthub then.  The Pro 4 should also be recording locally if you have it connected through your smarthub.

You can still see the local recordings, but not in "Feed".  Instead you need to 

1. go to the devices page
  2. select the base
  3. select storage settings

Note this is not linked to a firmware update. The cameras and smarthub use the same firmware for both "Library" and "Feed".  There is no "new app" either - the current app supports both the "Library" and "Feed" user interfaces.  There's a back-end setting that tells the app which interface to use.  Unfortunately Arlo doesn't let users go back to "Library".

Note there is a bug in the iOS app - port forwarding doesn't work (though it does in Android).  You can use a VPN with iOS though.  Arlo is aware of it, and will hopefully fix it soon.

Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

Yeah thanks.

They are creating more issues they way they operate from what i see. 

i just reset all, then added and updated the firmware as i did find they knew there was a issue. 

i then add my new Arlo door cam, it has the free trial offer!

Then it automatically registers it for the free trial !

theres no option to decline.

then you have to hack your way around to find the login access online!
Disabled the doorbell trial i never agreed to!

however two cameras are now saying free trial and i cant save it local to view history !   

hours later,  6 installed and working then two cams decided i needed their “ special feature”.  And disables saving or viewing local. 

cheers 

Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

Yes I have. 
I have found many flaws in their own websites !

interface is totally patched together.  I could fix all their navigation and support saving them hundreds of thousands in wasted time.

quote…. “ anyone can have a bright idea…..  its a totally different ball game to make it work”.  

Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

No M8

i do not want any of my info on the cloud!  Not smart idea. 

You hide the base station and use local storage. 

i have a dozen cameras !  Why pay for a service i do not need. 

they are great cameras just no support and they trying to force us to pay money on a Plan ! 

Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

So Fckn Pissed off.

every time it defaults to Premium service !    

spent hours to correct then over night it automagically 😳 signs me up for trial services !

i loose the recordings and leaves my property un protected as i do not get and notification that its over riding my settings!   Theres a hugh problem it seems between the Aust site and USA website. 

theres just no support at all.  All they do is state what i have already done a dozen times !  

going to post this on all the review sites and dump 12 Arlo crap cameras !   You cannot trust the Arlo system to protect you as they change your settings without your permission.    What a pack of Wayne Anchors they must be. 

Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

no m8 thats got nothing to do with the issue!

and no theres no local recording as their systems override my settings over night.

I had it all working again and then it magically says i got premium etc and stops my local feed, i cannot see any events triggered or get a message of a camera triggered and recording.

i wish i never bought them.

you can't Trust them if they can change my settings. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Cam1abc I have escalated your case, they will be reaching out soon. Please let me know if you do not hear from them by the end of the week.