Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo pro 5 and pro 4 cameras saying I have found a premium feature (I have has a secure plus subscription for 9 plus years).  Can’t change or see smart notifications.  I know this is happening to others with a subscription.  

Is  tecnical group working on a fix for This?  It just started happening today.
 Also one of my pro 5 cameras is not charging on a solar panel connected (all other 5  pro 5 cameras on a solar panel are charging).  Charged it to 100% late yesterday by taking it down and charging it manually but today it is at 75%.  It connected to the solar panel appears to be draining the battery.  Yesterday it said to connects a compatible cable to charge the camera (Arlo brand solar panel connected). Today it doesn’t say that but it’s not charging and draining the battery (yes solar panel is in full sun and should be charging)

please help resolve these issues

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are seeing with the Premium feature message. It is currently being looked into by our development team. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

30 REPLIES 30
mmccabe914
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just like another subscriber today, all 3 of my cameras have animals and other motion turned off. But they all continue to detect these types of activity regardless. I don’t need all these unnecessary notifications, plus it drains the batteries. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mmccabe914 wrote:

plus it drains the batteries. 

FWIW,  it doesn't.

The camera doesn't do the classification, that is done in the Arlo Cloud.  Whenever the camera detects motion, the video is streamed to the cloud for analysis. The cloud determines whether the video is in or out of the activity zone, and classifies the video using it's AI algorithm.

Since the camera always works the same way (just streaming video whenever it detects motion) the camera uses precisely the same amount of power, no matter how you set the smart notifications and the activity zones.

If you had the ability to supress recordings by notification type (which unfortunately you don't), that wouldn't change the power use at all.

LINDASPC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have changed my Wifi Router and have had to remove my existing doorbell & re-install it. I now dont have access to my paid subscription.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I

Lorimar
Tutor
Tutor

I have a paid and active subscription with Arlo.  Starting today I am seeing a message in a blue box that says You found a premium feature.  Visit Arlo on the web to manage your plans and devices.  The feed for each camera is blurred out.  Please fix this bug.

Jittaun
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of today, 5/6/24, the Activity Zone option has disappeared from the App for me.  And in a web browers, while it shows, when I click it, the screen freezes and the Arlo site crashes.

I pay monthly for Arlo Secure so that I can have access to manage activity zones.  Customer Service today said to just delete and reinstall the app.  That has not worked for me.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Has anyone found a solution?  Appreciate any insight.  Thank you.

Jcook6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  Also am unable to take a manual video or snapshot on mobile device when the dreaded blue box issue is happening because the icons for them are missing.

jhundr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo community,

Been using arlo since 4 years ago. But with the upgrades and some new addon camera I quite lost in the system.

I have 4x arlo pro 2, 2x outdoor essential gen 2, 1x door bell gen 2. Everything works until this morning.

Seems I cant see any recording in my feed, I can view live tho, but no recordings or notification. Just suddenly stopped.

Then it asks me to subscribe. which I did. But couldn't figure out why its still not recording or no notification. When I go to settings (using PC), plan it says that my 7 devices are all connected into the plan.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 175130.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 175502.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 175609.png

Any help? thank you

DukeofNY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has a solution to this been found. This exact situation just happened to all of my Arlo Pro 5S cameras. I have an active paid secure subscription that is not expired. Cameras are less than a year old. Batteries are all holding a solid charge. 

the statement came up on all cameras simultaneously.  Tried restarting cameras, disconnecting and reconnecting batteries, disconnecting from system and reconnecting. Nothing makes it go away. 

jhundr
Aspirant
Aspirant

just to add, my 4x arlo pro 2 - seems to be fine. just the doorbell and the outdoor essential ver 2 cameras.

Jo52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my cameras for many years and suddenly the app says that activity zones are deactivated due to no electricity connected? They run on battery and are charged. I tried to delete the activity zones and ad them again, but it didn't work.

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just started happening yesterday . Every time I go to my feed this message appears and I have to keep closing the app multiple times to get rid of it. Once I can view my videos and go back to the app and it appears again. the message says: you found a premium feature visit arlo on the web to manage your plans and devices. Keep in my mind I already have a plan I am paying monthly for so why is this annoying crap on my account every time I go to my feed. Also purchased a essential 2 k 2nd generation camera worked all day Sunday an stopped picking up motion 7:30 am Monday morning so I thought that New camera might of been the reason why I was seeing that message but I do not think it is. 

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I am having the same issue with a Pro 4 XL, my feed says I have found a premium feature but I have an active subscription and this will not go away, what's going on?

*Edit* Mine has now returned to normal*

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

This to has been happening to me as well  all of a sudden and I already have a subscription on multiple cameras I pay monthly for, every time I go to my feed it’s there and my cvr is not showing up, I’m beyond frustrated. 

Jo52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted local support, it is solved 🙂

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a recording while livestreaming one of the problem cameras?

Have you checked the rules in the mode you are using?

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

It appears Arlo has fixed this because it disappeared late yesterday.  It was on all my 21 cameras as well.  I didn’t do anything ….it seems when stuff like this happens it is best just to give it time to resolve.  Once you start messing with it that sometimes makes things worse.

i still have one camera that is having an issue with the solar panel draining the battery instead of charging.  I have the solar panel disconnected and the battery stayed the same % overnight so I’m going to reconnect to the solar panel to see if it starts  charging again.  If not I’m probably going to switch out the solar panel.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are seeing with the Premium feature message. It is currently being looked into by our development team. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

One of my Pro 5 cameras connected to a Arlo solar panel is saying I need to connect a compatible charger.  I took it down and charged it manually and it charged fine.  Then connected it back up to the Arlo solar panel and I’m still getting this message.  Since it says connect to

compatible charger the battery is being drained by being connected to the Arlo solar panel.  This camera has the current firmware and otherwise is working, detecting motion and recording.  Is this a bad solar panel?

this solar panel has been working for over a year…

update….the camera was charged to 100% 2 days ago then went down to 75% while connected to the solar panel….then I disconnected the solar panel and it stayed at 75% for twelve hours until I reconnected the solar panel then it started draining the  battery again after 2 hours it now at 62%.  It still says I need to connect a compatible charger…

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Arlo-help2 

-Is it possible for the you to try and move cameras closer to the AP?
-Or move the AP closer to the cameras?
-Is there a WiFi extender in use?
-What kind of AP are you using?
-Is the solar panel mounted really close to the camera where it could possibly affect the antennas?  If yes can they provide a picture?

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

No extender is used as it is connected directly to the base station as are all of my cameras. (This particular camera has 3 bar signal)  I switched out the solar panel 2 days ago (Tues) and it charged from 62% to 92% as of last evening (Weds) but then overnight it went down to 86% so it was at 86 % this morning but was charging she the sun hit it and charged to 91% BUT we decided to swap the batteries.  So with the new battery it’s charged to 100%.  So not sure what is going on as this pro 5 has been in this same spot  for over and a pro 2 in that spot many years prior to that.  I tried to upload a photo but it won’t load into this forum.  The camera sits in wood bird house type frame on a fence with the solar panel mounted on top of the wood house.  Does not interfere with the camera or block the signal to the base station.  I am going to see what happens overnight.  If the battery goes down like it did last night then there is some other issue.  It’s sitting at 100% right now

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update (Friday morning)

the camera remains charged to 100% overnight.  So my assume is that somehow the solar panel was corrupted and it also affected the battery.  (Maybe water intrusion but no evidence of that but I am in a very humid rainy climate but the other 5 cameras on solar panel at the same location are working just fine with no battery draining issues).
So appears this pro 5 camera is good now with the new solar panel and a new battery.  Hopefully it will continue working properly as it has done for over a year.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is good to hear. If you have any other questions, please reach out. 

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well it worked for about 4-5 day with the new solar panel and battery but today now it’s saying I need to connect a compatible charger and the battery is draining (it’s connected to a Arlo solar panel that is brand new ). It was at 100% yesterday.  Really don’t understand what is going on.  All my other five pro 5 cameras connected to Arlo Solar Panels are all fine (they are at the same location).  There was a hard rain yesterday but all cameras were exposed to the rain.  
I am not at this location to do anything directly with the camera…

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update to my earlier message…..I now see that there are now two cameras that are on Arlo solar panels are saying  “connect a compatible charger” (2 out of the 6 cameras) ….could this be a firmware issue?

Please have the tecnical group look into this issue……this will drain the camera in a couple of days when it says connect compatible charger and it’s still connected to the solar panel. As I said I’m not there to remove the solar panel charger. (That didn’t help when it did it before it still said connected compatible charger when you take the charger off and then put it back on)