Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

All three are arlo 5's all are powered and the app confirms they are plugged in yet they show low power mode.  One was at 2%, yet never did run out of power, stayed like that for days.  Another is at 9% and another fully charged yet went into low power mode and only recorded snapshots.  These arlo 5's are the most unreliable off all the different cameras.  I have a few 4's and HAVE NEVER, had an issue with them.  The 5's are constantly offline, now go into low power even though plugged in.  Anyone have any clue why?  I am reluctant to engage support as they have proven to be absolutely worthless and ask questions which are totally irrelevant to the problem.  I always feel like I am chasing my own tail dealing with them so maybe someone on here has an idea what the issue is.  And yes, I am seriously considering ditching all of them (I have 16 cameras across two homes).  So fed up with Arlo after 8 years of agony.

9 REPLIES 9
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please send me a dm of the email the Arlo account is set up on?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

and how exactly do I do that?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

and how exactly do I do that?

You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I got that much yes but to who as you don’t come up when I search for your name 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I got that much yes but to who as you don’t come up when I search for your name 

You can enter Brooken manually after you click on "new message".

Alternatively, click on her username in one of the earlier posts, and then click on "send this user a private message" on the right side of the page.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

What was the point of sending a dm?  It’s been crickets ever since.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member the behavior you are seeing with the Pro 5 taking snapshots instead of recordings is a behavior we are aware of. The firmware rollout has started and should be completed in the next few weeks. As soon as that firmware is full rolled out that behavior will be resolved. As for the reason they are going into low power mode when fully charged please reach out to support. You can get there within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing. .

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks. Regarding the low power mode I’ve had several cameras in two different homes drain to under 5 % while plugged in and the charging indicator is on.  The only way for the camera

to start charging again is to remove the battery and power plug and restart the camera it then starts charging again although very slowly.  This is not a specific one camera issue but three across two homes.  Very odd.  It’s not recording causing this battery drain.  Why would it drain the battery so quickly when plugged in.  It does however never go below 1% so this is something new to investigate.  If there is something from me that can help let me know but support most likely will just ask me to restart the camera which I have already done.  Cold start did the trick.  Warm restart did not!!  Maybe that helps.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let me research this a bit and then I will reach back out to you. I am going to send you a dm for more information as well.