Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JFZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an arlo Base station with 3 cameras that came it it. the 3 cameras record to the cloud with out problem. I added a 4th camera. An arlo 4 pro but I can't get it to record. 

I understood that there was free recording for up to 4 cameras. I am correct? 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. The Pro 4s all require a subscription for cloud recordings. You should get a free 3 month trial sub when first onboarding but then you have to pay for a sub or only use local recordings.

Have you checked Settings, Subscription, Manage Cameras to verify that the 4th camera has a sub? Have you checked your active mode for an appropriate rule for that camera?

JFZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I added the camera to the base station I can check live streams and it is probably recording to the USB drive. but I did not get an option for any free subscription. 

Do  I have to set it up independently ?  I log into my dashboard go to subscriptions and it shows I don't have any. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JFZ wrote:

I log into my dashboard go to subscriptions and it shows I don't have any. 

Are you in a country where Arlo offers a subscription?  https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JFZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am in a country with no subscriptions available.

What camera should I buy ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You would need to buy a system, not a camera. Without a subscription your only choice would be to use local recordings on a hub and use the app to view them. 

You can try to find a Pro 2 or older system which would have a free 7 day plan but those seem to very hard to find new. They may be out of production.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation