Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting this message:
Application was removed from your device. Try another verification method to sign in.
There is nothing to click on to select verification or method.
Has been working just fine for many months.  What is wrong?

Thanks,

Lyn

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LNA_Lyn wrote:

I am getting this message:
Application was removed from your device. Try another verification method to sign in.
There is nothing to click on to select verification or method.
Has been working just fine for many months.  What is wrong?

Thanks,

You are using my.arlo.com? There should be a "Try another verification" method at the bottom of the screen.

If you aren't seeing that, perhaps post a screenshot.

It would also be helpful to know browser you are using, and some more info on the PC (Mac?, Windows?, Linux?,   Chromebook?).

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, my.arlo.com. Screenshot attached - no place to click at bottom.

I'm on PC, Win 10, Chrome. All has worked flawlessly since last Oct.Arflo error 053024.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you post a screenshot showing what happens after you click on "Log in"?

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did in my previous response.  Look up.

Thx,

Lyn

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB -

Perhaps you can't read what it says at the top of the screen in the red bar.  It says:

"Application was removed from your device. Try another verification method to sign in."

I have no idea what "application" it is referring to or why it would have been removed, or what device for that matter.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LNA_Lyn wrote:

I have no idea what "application" it is referring to or why it would have been removed, or what device for that matter.

Ok, so it sounds like you are seeing the error message after you attempt to log in - instead of seeing the more usual option to try again with a different verification message.  Is that correct?

If so, are you able to try this on a different PC?

It's not an error I've seen before, so I am tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN ) in hopes they will follow up.

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am seeing the error after I try to log in.

I just tried it on 2 other PCs - one a high-end HP Z800 series workstation and the other a Microsoft Surface Pro laptop.  Both are on Win 10 Pro like my desktop system (which is an HP Z200 series workstation).  Same thing happens on all 3 systems.  No difference. 

Meanwhile, it still works fine on two Samsung (Android) phones.

Looks like the problem is with Arlo ...

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, problem solved.

It turned out to be verification settings on the account, which could only be accessed from my cell.

Rather an obscure and not clearly defined function ... but that seems to be the norm for Arlo software.  Simple fix, and now I'm back in business and a bit wiser in the process.

Thanks to StephenB for the suggestions - you can add this one to your book of tricks for future reference.

SirJoe73
Aspirant
Aspirant

What settings did you change? I'm having the same issue and Arlo support has been no help. 

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed the verification settings on the account, which could only be accessed from my cell.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation