Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 camera keeps resetting

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
BradGalloway
Star
Star

Bought these Arlo 4s in October.    The one at the front door had recieved a factory reset request.   This has been 3 times in the last 2 weeks.   Closest one to my router, so not a signal or network issue.     I swapped the camera itself with one in the backyard after the first time, but kept it in the same housing, just swapped the internals.   I've also swapped the batteries .   All 3 are connected to a 3rd party solar panel but this is the only one with the issue.   The only 2 constants at this location is the camera housing and the solar panel.     Any thoughts or suggestions?     I guess I'll swap housings today to see if they could be an issue as well.   Could it be the panel?  I'm assuming the only way to factory reset is the button.    Can't be some random signal from someone the area, could it?     They all are running the same firmware. 

Thanks for any thoughts.

26 REPLIES 26
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BradGalloway There have been a few updates for the Pro 4 camera, this could likely be the cause. Please let me know if you continue to experience this. 

Sasha23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine just factory reset today for no reason. Not impressed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Sasha23 

Can you provide more detail regarding this issue? Did the cameras disappear from your devices list? Did you have to re-onboard the cameras? Which device is this? 

JBCampbell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo Pro 4 cameras. On 2 October, I received a notification that Arlo had received a factory reset request for my Backdoor Camera, which took it offline and removed it from my device list. I readded the device to my account on 3 October at approx 9.30pm and everything appeared to be working without issue. Then at 8.08am 4 October I received another notification that Arlo had received a factory reset request for my Backdoor Camera again. Again, the device is offline and removed from my device list. My other camera has had no issues. 

Frustrating to have to keep readding the device. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for provideing this additional information. I have notified the team and I will report back as soon as possible. 

JBCampbell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey @ShayneS 

It’s happened again this morning. I re-onboarded my camera last night at about 11pm and it’s been working without issue picking up motion etc all night/morning. At 8.11am this morning I got the notification again saying ‘Arlo received a factory reset request from Backdoor Camera’. It’s now offline and no longer in my devices list. 

Hopefully the team can figure out what’s going on 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JBCampbell Thank you, I provided this additional info to the team and I will be sure to provide all updates as soon as I can. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi all,

Are any of your affected cameras connected to a solar panel? 

JBCampbell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey @ShayneS 

Both of my cameras are connected to an Arlo Solar Panel Charger V2 (VMA5600-20000S). 

The Backdoor camera is the only one experiencing issues though. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JBCampbell Thank you

Noted.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JRay1
Star
Star

I've had this issue multiple times as well in the past 30 days on two Pro 4 cameras attached to Arlo solar panels.  Has there been an answer for this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JRay1 Did you happen to receive my private message I sent you?

JRay1
Star
Star

Hi Shayne,

I just replied to your PM

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JRay1 Thank you I provided that info to the team.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

S/N A9D82670D0434 has been pointed to the test firmware as well. You can manually check for updates or restart the camera and it should update. 

JoeKo575
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have a camera now experiencing this issue connected to an Arlo solar panel v2. I have a 2nd camera on a solar panel not experiencing the issue. Has a solution been rolled out? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JoeKo575 

Which camera is this? 

zsipos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue: I have 3 arlo 4s. Bought them in 2022. One of them requested a factory reset and disappeared from the app. I had to remove the battery and add the camera again as new. All 3 have original arlo solar panels attached, what I’ve recently installed.

Barney13
Tutor
Tutor

Hi guys,

Just joined the community and found this “factory reset” issue. I have two Pro 4’s and one of them has this ongoing “factory set” problem ( occurring since August 2023 ).  Interesting though, that this camera was “disabled” at the time I received the notifications ? Both my cameras have solar attached, and other than this problem they have been great.

I see from discussions that the problem is being looked at. Will we be advised when a solution is found ?

Barney13
Tutor
Tutor

Hi again guys,

Needed to add this experience I had today - my Pro 4 went awol today with a a factory reset notification. I added it back in and when I connected the solar cable to it it went off again ? To me there is definitely a link with the solar panel, although my other Pro 4 has the same solar panel - with no problems ?

kirchn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 4 has been having the same issue, please post any fix for this, this keeps bricking a camera I have to climb a tree to access. Yes, I am attached to a solar panel. 

Johpe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve also experienced the problem, one of my cameras received multiple notifications that it had received a factory reset request, and was offline / removed from my camera list. My cameras are also connected to Arlo solar panels. Firmware issue?

Barney13
Tutor
Tutor

Hi guys,

Community needs to know what is doing with a solution to the “Pro 4 Factory Reset / Solar Panel” problem ? Has been a while now for a large international company to solve; and we have all paid good money for a “reliable” home security system ?

Please keep us informed asap, hopefully with your solution.

Cheers,

Barney

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation