Arlo pro 4 camera keeps resetting

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
BradGalloway
Star
Star

Bought these Arlo 4s in October.    The one at the front door had recieved a factory reset request.   This has been 3 times in the last 2 weeks.   Closest one to my router, so not a signal or network issue.     I swapped the camera itself with one in the backyard after the first time, but kept it in the same housing, just swapped the internals.   I've also swapped the batteries .   All 3 are connected to a 3rd party solar panel but this is the only one with the issue.   The only 2 constants at this location is the camera housing and the solar panel.     Any thoughts or suggestions?     I guess I'll swap housings today to see if they could be an issue as well.   Could it be the panel?  I'm assuming the only way to factory reset is the button.    Can't be some random signal from someone the area, could it?     They all are running the same firmware. 

Thanks for any thoughts.

30 REPLIES 30
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Barney13 

The team is working on an update. We had a test firmware available to help with these reports until the update is ready for release. We paused the test firmware because of an implication that arose. I will continue to provide updates when received.

Thanks 

Barney13
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the update - encouraging, however I have just had another unexpected event with the same camera and solar panel.

Two days ago I checked the battery level and it was at 77% so I reconnected the solar panel connection to top it up. We have been at home so had the camera disabled for a few weeks.
The next day I again checked the battery level and it was at 2% ? I have left the Solar connected hoping it would charge up again - but no luck !!

Definitely something going on between camera and solar panel. As I have said previously, I don’t have the same problem with my other Pro4 which has the same type of solar panel connected 24/7.

Over to you guys to sort out please.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Barney13 

Can you PM me with your Admin email associated with your Arlo account.

Thanks

brigettedepalma
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue with my arlo pro 4 camera this morning at 5 am. I just woke up to the message on my phone that “the arlo factory reset signal was sent to the camera an hour ago.”  This camera has been cutting off and I’ve had to re add it so many times over the last month. This is very upsetting. 

brigettedepalma
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS I had the same issue with my arlo pro 4 camera this morning at 5 am. I just woke up to the message on my phone that “the arlo factory reset signal was sent to the camera an hour ago.”  This camera has been cutting off and I’ve had to re add it so many times over the last month. This is very upsetting. 

Nzfubz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has there been an update? Paying good $$ for cameras and a subscription and it keeps happening. I'm the same as many on there have 2 x Pro4 both on solar, one keeps requesting factory reset the other fine. Wheres the fix @ShayneS? Do we get a credit while your service isn't working? 

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation