Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SPD02
Follower
Follower

Hello,

In approximately April/May 2020 my Arlo security system which was Arlo 4 from memory was stolen off me along with a near new Samsung Galaxy S9 mobile phone which I’d registered with Arlo as a trusted device the phone was on a prepaid plan. I know who it was who robbed me but due to threats I didn’t report them to the police. I tried a different approach with the police about a year ago telling them my mobile phone was stolen and I could supply them with EMIE no. and the ph number it was using at the time it was stolen. Long story short I was told by the police that stolen mobile phones that weren’t witnessed being stolen are not followed up by the police in Australia, the only times they will trace a mobile phones whereabouts is in the case of missing persons or matters of life and death. Last night when for the first time since I was robbed I remembered that the phone was connected to my email account and registered with Arlo I eventually managed to sign into my Arlo account and to verify my identity Arlo sent my stolen ph a message to verify me which when I saw This I didn’t want the thieves to be aware I might be be trying to find them so I took the verify using my email address that it was me. The phone is registered as a trusted device, has anyone got any ideas how I could locate the phone or the security system so I could then notify the police? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SPD02,

There is no way to locate the devices using the mobile app. We encourage you to contact the police in any case where hardware has been stolen.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation