Receiving double notification

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Zthepirategirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husband and I had the problem of double notifications. We have all the updates, no legacy app, new phones, etc. all the bs that customer service has suggested. He went into settings and turned off the live preview/motion preview and that fixed it. Only one notification now. But it’s a stupid fix. The live preview/motion preview and notifications should be one and the same. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be an issue to have the box drawn around a moving subject. Could be done but that may introduce other issues.

Zthepirategirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

my problem is that Arlo doesn’t seem to recognize this as the reason why people are getting double notifications. It also doesn’t seem like you can only get the motion preview notification and not the standard one. It’s either double notifications, standard only, or nothing. But I’d rather just have the motion preview by itself and no double back to back notifications. 

And if you see the motion, you don’t need the green box. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What if you turn on animated preview but deselect all motion alerts (as appropriate) in Smart Notifications for the camera?

Zthepirategirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

As stated, that does not work. It turns off all notifications. We’ve tested it. It’s apparently all or nothing and feels like a great oversight on Arlo’s part. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This just started for me - today I'm just getting a single notification, no animated preview or Smart box. I guess something is being worked on. @JamesC , @ShayneS ?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation