Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared accounts cannot access cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stevensavi9
Follower
Follower

Hello everyone, this is my first time having to reach out to ask for help with my devices. I've had Arlo for about 2 years now and I haven't had any issues with the app. I shared access with 2 other accounts and had no issues, but I recently tried to add another account and that person cannot view the cameras. I will say that the version of the app is the same, but oddly enough the app itself looks a tad bit different. any help would be appreciated, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The arlo app has split into two UI versions, the original shows a library the later shows a feed.

Neither UI versions are compatible so sharing stops working.

Arlo is forcing all new accounts to use the Feed UI. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can resolve this by migrating your account to "Feed".  You do that by starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  Although you can't complete the workflow (unless you have the camera), it will still migrate you to "Feed".

One caution - "Feed" is quite different, and has some limitations.  A big one is that it has no custom modes.  People here are also struggling with scheduling and geofencing.  Once you migrate to "Feed", you cannot change back.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation