Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Too many videos

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NicolaWoodward
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras all of which have started to record multiple videos - upto 1/minute, when there's no visible motion on the videos. I have adjusted the sensitivity of the cameras, turned them off/on,  but these steps haven't solved the problem. 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NicolaWoodward wrote:

I have 3 cameras all of which have started to record multiple videos - upto 1/minute, when there's no visible motion on the videos. I have adjusted the sensitivity of the cameras, turned them off/on,  but these steps haven't solved the problem. 

Have you tried removing the camera battery and reinserting it?  Also, power-cycling the base (if you have one)?

If you have, you might need to try removing the cameras from the account, do a hardware reset, and add them back.  You do the hardware reset by holding down sync until the camera led blinks amber (about 15 sec).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, are you using activity zones and most of these false recordings during the day? The sun's IR may be getting reflected to something inside the zone, causing the recording. Repositioning the camera to avoid leaves/branches/trees/bushes and/or reducing motion sensitivity can help if this is the case.

NicolaWoodward
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for these suggestions. The problem started after I recharged all the cameras. At the time I did remove and reinsert the batteries. Before this, the cameras were perfect! We live rually so it's difficult to set activity zones without any foliage in shot or tree shadows that move with the wind. However, these factors weren't an issue in the same positions/activity zones for the first year. I'll try setting to factory settings and see how that goes. We're away for the next week so will try this when we get back. 

NicolaWoodward
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! See above response. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that the sun's angle changes over time so what used to work may cause problems until the angle changes sufficiently again.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation