Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SmartHub (VMB4540r3) + 3x Pro 4 Cameras (H4) + Wired Doorbell : Doesn't record to local storage

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ankursheth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have a setup at my home that consists of the following :

- 1x Arlo SmartHub (VMB4540r3)

- 3x Arlo Pro 4 Cameras (H4)

- 1x Arlo Wired Doorbell

I have enabled local recordings on the SmartHub.  Used to work fine till I had just the cameras.  I recently added the Wired Doorbell and it doesn't record to local storage.  Older recordings are there and can be seen in the app, so it is not a USB drive issue.  There is also plenty of space on the USB drive.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ankursheth wrote:

Hi,

I have a setup at my home that consists of the following :

- 1x Arlo SmartHub (VMB4540r3)

- 3x Arlo Pro 4 Cameras (H4)

- 1x Arlo Wired Doorbell

I have enabled local recordings on the SmartHub.  Used to work fine till I had just the cameras.  I recently added the Wired Doorbell and it doesn't record to local storage.  Older recordings are there and can be seen in the app, so it is not a USB drive issue.  There is also plenty of space on the USB drive.

Is it only the doorbell that isn't recording to the local storage?  Or have the cameras also stopped recording?

The doorbell needs to be connected through the smarthub, and not your wifi - likely you know that, but there have been some folks who didn't, so I'm repeating it just in case.

ankursheth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Neither the cameras nor the doorbell are recording.  I'm also not getting any movement notifications (thru the app) when the system is in 'Arm Away' mode.

And yes, the doorbell is connected to the SmartHub.  I see it in the Paired Devices list on the SmartHub along with the three cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ankursheth wrote:

Neither the cameras nor the doorbell are recording.  I'm also not getting any movement notifications (thru the app) when the system is in 'Arm Away' mode.

Did you check the camera rules in the three modes?

ankursheth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you referring to 'Default Mode Settings'?  I haven't touched any of them since months and also verified that recording is enabled in them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ankursheth wrote:

Are you referring to 'Default Mode Settings'? 

No.  I'm suggesting that you look at the three modes, and see if there are rules set up for your cameras, telling them to record.

The default mode settiings are a convenient way to use the same motion sensitivity (and some other settings) in all modes.  But they do not control whether a camera records or not.

ankursheth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, for the Arm Away mode 'Motion -> Record & Notification' is enabled on all three cameras and the doorbell. 

What I did notice is that Arm Away is not getting activated automatically (which is what it was set to).  I'll look into that. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation