Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
tomaino
Guide
Guide

We successfully granted access to an additional account so that my husband and I can both receive notifications. This was done a few days ago. My account (the shared account)was successfully receiving notifications until this morning. 

My phone is not in Do Not Disturb mode. Double checked my notification settings. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app. Nothing. 

I determined it is not my phone because I logged into my account on my husband's iphone and do not receive notifications, while when logged in under our core account, the phone receives them. The same occurred when I tried this with our ipad. 

It must be something having to do the shared accounts.  

Please help. 

20 REPLIES 20
tomaino
Guide
Guide

Oh and to add, I logged into my phone with the core account and the notifications are working. So, it is definitely the Arlo app and not my phone. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The dev team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Poohthenbear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey there! I have been obsessively trying to fix this notification issue that happened right after I changed the wifi network and tried adding my hubby. No one was getting notifications. UGH! I’m not sure if it’ll work for you but thought I’d post what worked for me.

Are you on iPhones? If so, check for any updates. Both my phone and hubby’s needed a minor iOS 15 update.

Then remove all the people you’ve given access to. Log out and back in to make sure your account is showing that you’re not sharing with anyone. Then try adding again. This step brought back notifications on the main account for me. Hopefully it’ll fix for you here.

If not, remove base station and cameras from account. Then add back on. I got a few cameras to work with this step.

Anyhow, I did these things many times but basically deleting everything and starting over did the trick. Hope this helps!

Stoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I have an ARLO base station with cameras connected. everything has worked fine so far, but suddenly I don't get instant notifications about detected motion in the ARLO app on my phone. I receive email notifications, but I don't receive gadget notifications on my phone. i don't understand what happened and i don't know how to fix it. I tried everything: I reloaded the base station, removed it and reconnected it in the app, I added all the cameras again, everything is fine in the phone settings, but I don't get instant notifications about the detected motion. I just stopped receiving notifications one day. I am asking for your help. What happened here and how to fix it?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you Uninstalled and Reinstalled the app ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Stoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes i did it but it didn't help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been recent reports of this. If you have shared access with anyone, have them actually log out of the app to see if that helps. Removing their access from Settings, Grant Access also works but that's pretty brute force.

Stoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

the interesting thing is that the person i share is getting instant messages on his phone, but i don't get it. maybe it's a problem with my phone's settings, but i reviewed all the settings and everything looks fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone?

Stoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, of course. The RLO application is granted full permissions and is allowed to display messages. I send screenshots of my phone

Screen.jpg
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat phone and OS?

Stoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

phone Caterpillar CAT S52, software for Android 10

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hmmm... Can't help you there - it may be a phone thing or older OS issue. If you temporarily subscribe you can try support via Settings, Support to report this as possibly the same issue as the others. When done dealing with support, unsubscribe.

Stoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for the effort

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stoo wrote:

the interesting thing is that the person i share is getting instant messages on his phone, but i don't get it. maybe it's a problem with my phone's settings, but i reviewed all the settings and everything looks fine.

Several others have reported this.  I think you'll find that if you stop sharing the cameras, you will start getting notifications again.

DJHasis
Tutor
Tutor
Push notifications stopped working something like a week ago.

I didn't update arlo app, change any settings of it, didn't update my phone, install any new apps from android's play store or update any app that should change what screen shows. The same problem is also with my wife's phone and I didn't do or she didn't do anything that should change notification behaviour.

I read that my both hubs 5000 and 4500 got a firmware update at the same time the problem started so I'm quite certain that those updates had a configuration mistake or the cloud system is now buggy.
Dannybear
Master
Master
There have been recent reports about notifications not working if you have a friend account added. To prove this remove the friend account from the grant access section and see if the notifications will restore on your phone.
Maverickbobcat
Tutor
Tutor

This happened to me as well.  I have been working with Arlo support and have jumped through a lot of hoops working with them to resolve this.  Nothing yet.  I will post when resolved.

DJHasis
Tutor
Tutor
I removed my wife and after it I started getting notifications. After my wife accepted new access rights, she also could get notifications.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Great to see and thanks for the resolution as it will help others.
Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation