Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Promo code for 3 month free Arlo Secure trial for Arlo Pro 4 cameras purchased on Amazon

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TerRS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All, I bought an "Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera - 3 Pack - Wireless Security, 2K Video & HDR, Color Night Vision, 2 Way Audio, Wire-Free, Direct to WiFi No Hub Needed, White - VMC4350P" on Amazon Prime a couple of days ago and in the product description on Amazon it says the purchase includes, "Arlo Secure - Includes 3-months of Arlo Secure for 30-day cloud recording, advanced object detection, rich notifications, cloud activity zones and more." Arlo Secure seemed to work the first day I set up the 3 cameras but everyday since then when I go on the Arlo app, Arlo Secure is not operational. How do I take advantage of the 3 month free trial? I thought I'd try signing up for Arlo Secure and it asks for a Promo Code. I don't see a Promo Code with my Amazon Prime purchase

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TerRS wrote:

How do I take advantage of the 3 month free trial? I thought I'd try signing up for Arlo Secure and it asks for a Promo Code. I don't see a Promo Code with my Amazon Prime purchase

The trial subscription is automatically activated when you onboard the cameras - no promo code is needed. 

When you go in to the subscription area of the app, are you seeing "manage cameras"?  

Also, you can try livestreaming a camera and then see if you can make a manual recording (which is a subscription feature).  Note you need to disable 2K livestreaming if you want to try this.

TerRS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB. On the first day I set up the cameras (Sept 10th), I was able to click on the "Library" icon and see clips taken every couple of minutes that I was able to select from. After that first day, I no longer have access to recordings in the "Library." Instead I have a message the heading, "Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure." and, "Activate Arlo Secure subscription today and watch motion video clips anytime anywhere at your fingertips." followed by a green button that says, "Learn More." which takes me to descriptions of the available Arlo subscription plans. I was expected that I would have at least 3 months of free access to clips in the Library under the 3 month promotion. All I can do at the moment is go to each of the 3 cameras and press the arrow to activate each one so that I see a live stream for a minute or two before it goes dormant again.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TerRS wrote:

On the first day I set up the cameras (Sept 10th), I was able to click on the "Library" icon and see clips taken every couple of minutes that I was able to select from. After that first day, I no longer have access to recordings in the "Library." Instead I have a message the heading, "Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure." and, "Activate Arlo Secure subscription today and watch motion video clips anytime anywhere at your fingertips." 

Sounds like you somehow lost the trial subscriptions.  I'm tagging the mods to see if they can help ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ).

Did you remove cameras and re-onboard them after 10 September?  Also, are you using the primary account in the app?

Were the cameras advertised as new?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TerRS,

As mentioned above, the trial plan is automatically applied after onboarding the cameras. There is no promo code entry needed.

Check within your mobile app under Settings > Subscription and you should see an active trial for each camera.

JamesC

TerRS
Aspirant
Aspirant
  1. Thank you, JamesC and StephenB. I really appreciate all the help you've been giving me so far. I didn't expect the community to be so responsive. It's encouraging. Regarding the possibility of losing the free trial that StephenB brought up, one thing that happened late on Sept 10 was that I "Granted Access" to my wife. She said when she opened the email and tried to "Accept" the access it didn't work. I don't know if she already downloaded the app or not but since she said she couldn't access the cameras I synced the cameras to her iPhone. After I did that I noticed I couldn't access them on my iPhone anymore so I had her grant access to me. Now we can both view all 3 cameras on each of our iPhones but the 3 month trial to Arlo Secure seems to have been "lost" in the process. Do either of you think this is how I "lost" the 3 month trial? Importantly, do you think the 3 month trial can be restored and, if so, how?    
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TerRS wrote:

Do either of you think this is how I "lost" the 3 month trial?

Yes.

@TerRS wrote:

Importantly, do you think the 3 month trial can be restored and, if so, how?

I don't work for Arlo, so I don't know if/how that could be done

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation