Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro4 set up problem.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
wediditmyway
Follower
Follower

New system installation. Camera and internet are on. When the QR code is scanned and the system is searching for the camera it fails to find it and gives an error of camera is off or internet is not working.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wediditmyway wrote:

New system installation. Camera and internet are on. When the QR code is scanned and the system is searching for the camera it fails to find it and gives an error of camera is off or internet is not working.

If you are using the app, then I suggest also trying a PC (browse to my.arlo.com).

Also, check that the wifi network security is set to WPA2 (AES).  If you have special characters in the network name or password, then I suggest removing them.  Some characters get in the way, but unfortunately Arlo has never said which ones.

QUIGG
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo is just maddening. I have spent 7 hours trying to set up two new Pro 4's.  I have one connected so they cannot say its the WiFi.  Fully charge,  blinks blue.  Sees QR code and Chimes.  Tried 15 second rest.  tried antoehr new battery.  IT CANNOT FIND THE CAMERA. This is not ok.  And there is no live service just chat that spends hours of time over many days and it still wont work.  

GTMartin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem with cameras not connecting.   Confirmed wifi is on 2.4 setting, one camera finally liked up. Tried factory reset.  Chimes and then it says cannot find the camera.    So beyond frustrating and no phone number for customer service is also frustrating.   May return product and buy another system.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

QUIGG, GTMartin

Try attaching the included charging cable and then attempting to sync again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation