Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio recording

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Twomuchangel4u
Aspirant
Aspirant

I continue to get audio recordings that is killing my battery for all cameras. I disabled all audio. Only have person, animal or package detection active however I keep getting audio recording. How do I stop these or deactivate so I don’t need to change my battery every other day due to wind or loud noise from the wind? 

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

Edit the mode that’s selected, edit the wanted camera rule in that mode and disable audio triggering.

Twomuchangel4u
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done that on all cameras, I’m still recording audio, to my settings are only people, packages or animal. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

Just to clarify that you want to stop your cameras from recording to the library when they detect audio sounds such as wind or loud noises etc?

What camera model and base do you have?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Twomuchangel4u wrote:

I continue to get audio recordings that is killing my battery for all cameras. I disabled all audio. Only have person, animal or package detection active however I keep getting audio recording. 

Is CO/smoke detection also disabled (guessing yes, but worth double-checking).  The CO/smoke detection feature actually uses audio - it is looking for chirps/alarms from your smoke detector).  So if that is enabled, make sure it is off.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation