Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 wont connect to WIFI

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jprevat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera is brand new out of the box and wont connect to WIFI. It does show up as discoverable devices though.

I have reset the Netgear7550 router and made sure to change the ssid and password to only use letters and numbers.

It goes through the setup sequence with no problem and I get a chime once I scan the QR code.

After the chime the blue light flashes 10 times then I get a quick amber flash and then no more lights from the camera.

I have tried the desktop and mobile apps to no avail with the same failure point.

I have a 3 camera arlo system on a different wifi network and they work great. 

Thank you ahead of time for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
JattM
Guide
Guide

Do you have a VPN running on your phone or computer?  If so, try turning VPN off, do a hard reset on the camera, and then attempt to connect.  VPN was the issue with my iPhone the first time I tried to connect a Pro 4.  

jprevat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VPN disabled and have hard reset everything... even the router back to factor specs just to be sure any changes I made in the past were not the issue.

JattM
Guide
Guide
I ended up returning the first Pro 4 camera and exchanging it for a new one (having Amazon Prime sometimes pays off). The new one synched with my base station on the first try.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation