Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

i just bought a pro 4 to join my Arlo wireless and Essential. I also have the vmb4050. I don’t like that the pro 4 recordings are not in the cloud like my other cameras. Also that I don’t know what I’m looking at until I open the video. How do I fix all this? Do I have the wrong Arlo station?

besides the essential and the arlo wireless cameras, what others save videos to the base station/cloud? I don’t like using the usb.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All your cameras you list require a subscription for cloud recordings. The Pro 4 should have at least the trial sub that comes with the purchase. Have you verified that all cameras have a sub?

Also, there is no VMB4050 so there's a typo - there's the 4000, 4500 and 4540. If you're using the app to see local recordings stored on the base, you have the VMB4540 since the others require that you eject the drive for viewing on a computer.

ANy camera connected to the base will have local recordings stored on the USB drive if configured to do so. Otherwise, cloud recordings are for all cameras, including yours, with a subscription.

sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh, yes typo on the station. It’s the 4540. I dont have a subscription. All but the pro 4 i can view what the app says is the cloud - but it’s the station. So for now a bit annoying having to go to 2 “sources” to see the recordings.  It would not be so bad if the pro 4 clips had a screen shot of what it recorded, I’d like to get that fixed so that I’m not seeing a white box with a down arrow. The screen shot only appears when after I view the recording.

also why is everything italian when I chose English?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sethm1 wrote:

It’s the 4540. I dont have a subscription. All but the pro 4 i can view what the app says is the cloud - but it’s the station. 

Footage that the app says is Cloud is actually stored in the Arlo Cloud.  Legacy cameras were sold with 7 days of cloud storage.  You can easily confirm that it is in the cloud by simply removing the storage from the base, and then seeing that the footage is still available.

sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks.

What cameras are considered “Legacy” and preferably with magnetic mounts??

I dont require more than 7 days - so legacy is all I need.  
 Thx.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sethm1 wrote:

What cameras are considered “Legacy”

The legacy cameras are the ones currently on the EOL list.

sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks.

interesting that my Essential (vmc2030) not listed as a legacy, does show in my base stations library just like the wire frees (3030).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sethm1 wrote:

interesting that my Essential (vmc2030) not listed as a legacy, does show in my base stations library just like the wire frees (3030).

The essential requires a subscription for cloud storage.  So something does seem odd there.

sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since my wire free EOL not till July, will seen then if something changes with the Essential. Last question- if I purchase the subscription will I only have to go to one library to see the recordings? OR will have to go back and forth between  the cloud and the base station?

if I have to go back and forth and or pay for a subscription, may have to rethink on getting a different brand.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sethm1 wrote:

if I purchase the subscription will I only have to go to one library to see the recordings? OR will have to go back and forth between  the cloud and the base station?

If you have a subscription, then all cameras will record to the cloud.

If all the cameras are connected to your VMB4540 base, then you should also also see them when you select the base station.

sethm1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, the pro 4 recordings were not in the same library as the others.  I don’t want to go back and forth. Plus the 4’s recordings did not a screen shot of what was recorded. I returned it.  I’ll get another essential. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sethm1 wrote:

Well, the pro 4 recordings were not in the same library as the others.  I don’t want to go back and forth. Plus the 4’s recordings did not a screen shot of what was recorded. I returned it.  I’ll get another essential. 

The essential will work the same way if you don't get a subscription for it.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation