Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 camera failure

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JKinIL
Follower
Follower

I purchased a set of 3 Arlo Pro 4 cameras for my home. We installed the cameras.

One of the cameras doesn’t pick up motion. It operates when I turn it on from the Arlo phone application.  The other two cameras work fine.

I went to the retailer.  They told me I would not replace one camera. They would need me to bring in all 3 cameras for an exchange. 

if I purchase another one of the Arlo Pro 4 cameras and used it as a replacement to the one camera. Will the new camera go into place with the other 2 cameras, or will the new camera work separately and register separately causing a second group of cameras? 

I think I’m overthinking this one. Hoping a technician or someone with similar experience can share their experience. 

I think a replacement camera would operate in place of the one I’ll use as a new paperweight. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would start by checking your modes and rules to ensure that camera has an appropriate rule that enables detection and recording. There's a link below for this which also contains another link to click on if you're using the new interface that has Feed to view cameras. It may be useful to remove that camera from your account and add it back in to see if that helps.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

WHile the new camera simply gets added to your account, that's an expensive paperweight. I'd either buy a second set as you already have and return it with the faulty camera or do the whole swap needed for the existing system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JKinIL wrote:

One of the cameras doesn’t pick up motion. It operates when I turn it on from the Arlo phone application.  The other two cameras work fine.

Have you tried the motion detection test?

Also, check that the camera is armed (look in the mode for the camera).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation