Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 Keeps Showing Offline on Web

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
KenBaker123
Tutor
Tutor

So I'm installing a new System.  I have a VMB4540r3 Base Station.  So far I connected 1 Pro 4 to it, no issues.  I connected a second Pro 4 and it connects just fine.  Shows up in the App and I can do everything.  When I go to the Web Portal it says "Offline" . I deleted the Device and re-added it.  Went into the Web Portal and it was there, then like 10 seconds later it says "offline again".  But if I launch the app it still shows online.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KenBaker123 wrote:

So I'm installing a new System.  I have a VMB4540r3 Base Station.  So far I connected 1 Pro 4 to it, no issues.  I connected a second Pro 4 and it connects just fine.  Shows up in the App and I can do everything.  When I go to the Web Portal it says "Offline" . I deleted the Device and re-added it.  Went into the Web Portal and it was there, then like 10 seconds later it says "offline again".  But if I launch the app it still shows online.

FWIW, other people are seeing similar symptoms (app showing normal status, but the web browser not doing so).  

I'm seeing that myself with one of my Pro 2 cameras - Edge says the camera is off-line, but the app says different (and livestreaming, etc work).  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC  and @ShayneS ) in case they can update us on the situation.  

It would be useful to know if different browsers are showing different symptoms - also whether clearing the browser cache makes any difference in what you are seeing.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you use a different browser and/or computer?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KenBaker123 wrote:

FWIW, other people are seeing similar symptoms (app showing normal status, but the web browser not doing so).  

I'm seeing that myself with one of my Pro 2 cameras - Edge says the camera is off-line, but the app says different (and livestreaming, etc work).  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC  and @ShayneS ) in case they can update us on the situation.  

It would be useful to know if different browsers are showing different symptoms - also whether clearing the browser cache makes any difference in what you are seeing.

KenBaker123
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @StephenB 

Interesting - I use Chrome exclusively - Chrome was the one showing it offline.  I tried Edge and they all showed online.  Then went back to Chrome and 3 of the 5 show offline.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try clearing your browser cache and test again. Still the same behavior?

JamesC

alexcor1948
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem:  Dell XPS 13 Chrome shows offline but iPhone app everything online and working fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alexcor1948,

Try clearing your browser cache and log back in to your Arlo account. Do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

KenBaker123
Tutor
Tutor

For all that keep suggesting "clear you browser" that's not the solution.  It seems the Web Portal is not ready for prime time.  I can use multiple browsers, clear the cache - sometime they show - sometimes they don't.  But they always work in the APP.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation