Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nasts43
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 2 days ago my alro recorded a motion at 3:18 am on my backyard. I’m attaching the link to the video here. You need to play it very slowly. And pay attention to the bottom right corner after 2-3 seconds. I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. To me it looks like a woman ghost. Please tell me your opinion. Also, I attached a screenshot from the video. Thank you. 
https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/3C98C8FCF98EE873_202210 

• 3B3C8901-C743-4A0A-8EEE-D52054BA3E3D.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nasts43 wrote:

Hello, 2 days ago my alro recorded a motion at 3:18 am on my backyard. I’m attaching the link to the video here. You need to play it very slowly. And pay attention to the bottom right corner after 2-3 seconds. I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. 

Doesn't look like anything paranormal to me, but I agree it looks unusual.

It looks like something moving quickly through the field of view that was too close to the camera lens to be in in focus. There is motion blur, which explains the elongated shape in your screenshot. At the top it is brightly illuminated by the spotlight (resulting in blooming), but it is too close to the camera lens for that to continue further down in the field of view.  The object appears only in the first two frames, and then reappears at frames 6 and 7 at the bottom right.  An insect perhaps???

I'm not seeing anything on the bottom right at 2-3 seconds.

FWIW, the first frame looks like this:

unknown.png

Frame 6 looks like this:

unknown2.png

Nasts43
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you play it slowly? You need to pause the video and press, hold and drag play button in order to see. I guess everything happens within the first second. I was wrong, you need to look at bottom right corner at 0 seconds, right after that shade disappears you need to look at the corner. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nasts43 wrote:

Did you play it slowly?

Actually I downloaded it, and used a tool that lets me look through it frame by frame.

Nasts43
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for looking at it. If you think it's nothing crazy then maybe i’ll be able to sleep tonight. I’ve just never seen anything like this on camera in my life. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation