One out of Three Cameras - No option to record

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ScottWhite
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Pro H4 cameras.  Two work flawlessly.  One does not have the option to record video.  It detects motion and will trigger the other two but it will not record.

When on the desktop application, and viewing the camera there is no record button.

I have removed the device repeatedly and re-syncd.  No luck.
I did a hard reset and re-sync.  No luck.
I restarted the router/base.  No luck.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 8.08.08 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-09 at 8.07.28 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Good catch! Yes, a subscription is required for cloud recordings. If you don't want to pay for that, enable local storage on your hub using a drive of at least 16GB. You can use the app to view the recordings but it's not like the cloud recordings so it may or may not be useful for you - test. You seem to be using the old user interface that uses Library to view videos and click on the menu at the top to select your local recordings (this won't show up until you have local recordings set up in your hub's settings).

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It detects motion and will trigger the other two but it will not record.

Are you saying you have the cameras nested... One detecting to make other two record ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ScottWhite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes sir.  What I want is if motion is detected on any of the three, all three will record.  It works fine for Cam 1 and Cam 2,  But Cam 3 does not record.  If Cam 3 is triggered by motion.  Cam 1 and Cam 2 record but not Cam 3. Also, can not manually record on Cam 3.

Option to record on Cam 3 is not available.Screenshot_20230709-090923.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you remove that camera from any nested rules so it's totally on its own?

ScottWhite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Regardless if the nesting configuration, Cam 3 will not record.  It's like the firmware has removed the record function all together.

Is there a way to force a firmware update even if not needed?

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 9.31.07 AM.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We need to nail down the camera model. The subject says Pro 4 but your original post says Pro H4. I suspect the former based on the firmware.

However, you pic shows a firmware that's a minor step newer than what is shown in https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes (search for "pro 4"). Are you on filed trials by any chance?

ScottWhite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Honestly, I am not sure of the models, but the screenshot with the firmware version just says H4.  These were given to me with no documentation.  So I don't know.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can pull the battery out of the camera and look for the label inside that starts with VMCxxxx. That's the model number. I still think it's the Pro 4 but the firmware version doesn't match what's published.

ScottWhite
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMC4041P

PXL_20230709_134950110.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

According to https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Pro-4-VMC4041P-1-080-19-1-34-db73aea-23-Ma... you have newer firmware than released. The  only answer is that you asked to be included in field trials which is a way to field test firmware before global release. If you didn't do that then I have no answer.

@JamesC , @ShayneS 

ScottWhite
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found it.

I didn't know this but to record to the "Library" like the old Arlo cameras, you have to subscribe to Arlo Secure (I think its called).  

Cam 1 and Cam 2 were subscribed on a trial run.  Cam 3 was not.  I removed the trial subscription and now NONE of them record to the Arlo Library.  

I would suppose I need to either subscribe or put a flash drive in my Hub.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Good catch! Yes, a subscription is required for cloud recordings. If you don't want to pay for that, enable local storage on your hub using a drive of at least 16GB. You can use the app to view the recordings but it's not like the cloud recordings so it may or may not be useful for you - test. You seem to be using the old user interface that uses Library to view videos and click on the menu at the top to select your local recordings (this won't show up until you have local recordings set up in your hub's settings).

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation