Recordings on VMB500 with PRO4

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Box22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have Pro4’s and VMB500. I thought the Pro 4’s recorded video clips to the hub and stored under the “feed” WITHOUT the paid service?

Paid service is for cloud storage and a few other things?
I only want local storage. Don’t care about any other services. Doesn’t work anymore (recordings to hub) so I’m guessing introductory service expired?
Cameras work OK just no recordings.

4 REPLIES 4
Drewman88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll tag along on your post also because I have the exact same issue with Pro 4 and VMB4540.  My post is a few below yours.

BTW, I think your model is VMB5000 (missing a zero)?  So yours is newer than mine.

Box22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes VMB5000.

I bought the cams at different times and I know they came with limited time extra services and I did receive notices that the service was expiring.

I don’t remember the exact details but at the time I was buying them and checking I was under the impression they would still record to the hub without extra service.
That’s the reason I got it.
If I was paying a monthly fee to store everything I never would have needed the hub.
Hopefully maybe just some settings might be off?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

With the trial Arlo Secure plan you would have received cloud storage. Once that trial expires, you will no longer see saved recordings within feed/library.

VMB5000 SmartHubs are capable of local storage but you would need to follow these instructions to set that up:

https://kb.arlo.com/1146857/How-do-I-set-up-local-storage-backups-using-my-Arlo-Base-Station-or-Smar...

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

JamesC

Box22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I have tried this and everything else I could find. Not much in the instructions are the same as what I see.

Mainly using an iPad but same issues with android phone.

To enable Direct Storage Access:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Select your Arlo SmartHub.
  4. Tap 

5. Tap Storage Settings.
  6. Tap the Record Locally switch to the on position.
  7. Tap Local Storage Settings.
  8. Tap the View Recordings switch to the on position.

2. When tapped cams are in rectangles jiggling on the screen.

All show up.
3. The only place hub shows is at top of screen VMB5000.
Tapping it does nothing. 
4. Don’t see settings gear. Nothing happens when tapping name.
5, 6, 7, 8, none of this shows.

I do have other cams connected (older ones, not sure of model) they work and do record.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation