Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion lights and flood light camera

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JTinMaine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not happy with the Arlo company!

I was having a problem with my Pro 4 flood light camera.

I called the company for help and they took away my motion lights from working and did not help me with my flood light.

I paid for these things because of the usage and low or no cost for monitoring for up to 7 days.

I was told there is a fee now and there are 3 different options. I asked to have them sent to me to read and think about. It never came to me in the mail or in my email.

I would like them to get back to me. PLEASE!!!! 

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JTinMaine wrote:

I called the company for help and they took away my motion lights from working and did not help me with my flood light.

I was told there is a fee now and there are 3 different options.

Did you contact them using the support center in the app? Or did you google a phone number?

Are you sure you were talking to Arlo Support?

JTinMaine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Google phone number, tried the app, but all I got there was the AI and it was no help. I am a simple guy and was just going around in circles. I need a person to help me understand what I need to do.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JTinMaine wrote:

Google phone number,

That almost always leads to a scam support site.  Arlo doesn't publish a phone support number any more, you need to use the app. 

Phone support requires a subscription though - do you have one?

Also, did you give the person you talked to

• your arlo account username and password
  • any credit card information?

JTinMaine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did give my username and password but change the password after.  No credit card # was given.

No I don't have a subscription. 

So, what is your guidance in this problem I have?

Thanks,

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JTinMaine wrote:

I did give my username and password but change the password after.  No credit card # was given.

No I don't have a subscription. 

So you must not have been talking to Arlo support.  The good news is that you didn't give them access to your cameras or account.

@JTinMaine wrote:

So, what is your guidance in this problem I have?

I was having a problem with my Pro 4 flood light camera.

I think we need a bit more information here.  What "motion lights" do you mean?  What did they tell you to do that resulted in you losing them?

Also, what problem are you having with the Arlo floodlight (FWIW, the only model is the Pro 3 Floodlight)?

JTinMaine
Aspirant
Aspirant

The motion lights were working before I called that scam number. The floor light stopped working after a power outage we had at our home.  Here is a picture of the motion light.IMG_20230313_172935.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JTinMaine wrote:

Here is a picture of the motion light.

Ok, so it is the AL1101 security light.

The light will normally turn on (at night) when it detects motion, even if it is not connected.  Is yours doing that?

Also, have you tried unplugging the bridge(s) and plugging them back in again?  I've needed to do that with mine from time to time.

Though it is probably obvious, you might also want to try charging them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JTinMaine wrote:

The flood light stopped working after a power outage we had at our home.

Is it connected to your home wifi, or a base station?

The power can drain pretty quickly during a outage, because the camera is actively looking for the wifi network (which isn't there).  So I'd begin by (a) charging the camera and (b) removing/reinserting the battery.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation