Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pelo01
Follower
Follower
Hello. I bought 6 cameras to be used in two different houses set up with Google wifi. I do understand that Pro4 needs the connecting device to be linked via 2.4 Ghz band but in Google Home there is no way to control whether the phone is linked via 2.4 or 5.0 Ghz. Does that mean Pro4 cannot be used with Google wifi? When I scan the camera i get the sound but the camera cannot be identified. So far spent 4 hours with this issue. It seem weird to sell devices that do not work witj Google wifi
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pelo01 wrote:
 there is no way to control whether the phone is linked via 2.4 or 5.0 Ghz. Does that mean Pro4 cannot be used with Google wifi?

No.  Although I don't use Google WiFi, my Orbi Mesh system (like most mesh systems) also has a unified network name for both bands (and gives you no way to disable 5 gHz).  However, I have been able to onboard cameras to my home wifi.

I'm unclear as to whether you've successfully onboarded your camera or not.  Are you saying that you are hearing the chime after the QR code is scanned, but then the camera doesn't end up added to your account?  Or are you running into a different issue?

ReynoldsRanch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m also having this issue. After scanning the QR code it chimes, goes to the looking for nearby camera screen and then is unable to “find” a camera.

has anyone been able to figure out how to make it work with the dual band google wifi? 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation