Help adding a user

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rick774
Aspirant
Aspirant

after adding my wife's email to my arlo secure 4.0 system which is still under trial, she can't get past the first menu showing plan choices. Can u add friends without signing up for a subscription?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick774
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked! Ran in to the Home and Home situation you described . Will play with that, and may be back with questions on that!!

Thank you so much!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you can. Be aware that you will ultimately require a subscription when the trial expires.

You both need to be using the same version app as well as both using the same user interface (UI). If one sees Library to view videos and the other sees Feed, the one with Library needs to migrate to the newer UI. To do so, that person should log in and use Add Device, choosing the Pro 5 camera even though you don't have one. That will force the migration after which you simply cancel the bogus installation. Now that both are on the same UI, the one that was granted access should click on Home shown at the top of the screen. Select the bottom Home which will be yours. Each user gets a default Home which can be confusing in this case. I suggest that you rename yours so it's obvious whose is whose.

Or is something else the issue?

Rick774
Aspirant
Aspirant

hmmm, I didn't think of the app, I tried my wife's iPad with my.Arlo on Safari. When i signed in that way I have to choose a plan and can't get any further, even though my end says she successfully joined my account. (I am feed and didn't get as far as the dashboard to see her interface)

I will now go try the app! Thanks for the input!!

Rick774
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked! Ran in to the Home and Home situation you described . Will play with that, and may be back with questions on that!!

Thank you so much!!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation