Firmware update fails with Netgear Nighthawk

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kingmoge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can connect my camera to my old router without trouble. 

With my new Netgear Nighthawk wifi6 router, I can get through discovering the camera, but it fails on checking firmware update repeatedly.

The camera is charged, the network is 2.4, the password is correct, etc etc... it just fails on firmware update.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kingmoge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday I went through the entire process again for probably the 15th time. The only difference being that this time I took screen shots. For some reason, this time it miraculously worked. I did not change anything in the process. So the fox appears to be, just keep trying for days until it for whatever reason decides to work? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the WiFi is using WPA2-AES.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kingmoge wrote:

With my new Netgear Nighthawk wifi6 router, I can get through discovering the camera, but it fails on checking firmware update repeatedly.

That says the camera is connected, so I don't think the router wifi security is the issue.  Still, you can easily check by looking at the attached device list, and seeing if the camera is there.

You can try canceling the firmware update, and then wait a day and see if the Arlo cloud manages to push it to the camera.

kingmoge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday I went through the entire process again for probably the 15th time. The only difference being that this time I took screen shots. For some reason, this time it miraculously worked. I did not change anything in the process. So the fox appears to be, just keep trying for days until it for whatever reason decides to work? 

kingmoge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Should mention that the procedure included removing the camera and starting over again - it never went from offline to online.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation