Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bjbryan0511
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Pro4 is continuously producing notifications of audio even when the audio/microphone setting is off, causing the battery to completely drain within 10 hrs. I have tried manipulating other settings by reducing and/or cutting them off but the problem continues. The notification button on my app stays on for long periods of time in addition to continuous recordings for about 20sec intervals every 3~5mins. I have also tried moving this camera to a different and less active location with no change in this issue. 

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You disable audio detection in your modes and rules.

https://kb.arlo.com/1012167/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-motion-or-sound-detection

bjbryan0511
Aspirant
Aspirant

This was done in addition to other adjustments shutdown or minimized, battery doesn't last 12 hrs

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bjbryan0511 wrote:

This was done in addition to other adjustments shutdown or minimized, battery doesn't last 12 hrs

If audio detection is disabled in the camera rules, then you shouldn't be getting any audio-triggered recordings.

Are you still getting them?

bjbryan0511
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have performed suggestions provided by Arlo support and community, and the battery continues to completely deplete in about 15hrs. It is frustrating that this camera came in a bundle with others that perform fine without the adjustments, makes me wonder if further adjustments are going to render it ineffective for my purpose. Is it defective?  I have an older model that I am waiting for a solar panel, has been operating several weeks now without a recharge to the battery. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bjbryan0511 wrote:

I have performed suggestions provided by Arlo support and community, and the battery continues to completely deplete in about 15hrs. 

How minutes of video streaming is the camera doing over that 15 hours?  Delete any activity zones if you want to estimate this.

bjbryan0511
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recording time was reduced to 10mins, and from about 2:30pm to 7:30pm it recorded 100mins. Between 7:30pm til I received a low battery warning at 1:45am the next day there were no recordings. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bjbryan0511 wrote:

from about 2:30pm to 7:30pm it recorded 100mins. 

That's a lot of recordings.  300 minutes altogether between 2:30 and 7:30, and the camera was active 1/3 of that time. The battery life expectation is based on less than 5 minutes of recordings per day.

• Are you still getting the audio-triggered recordings?
  • Have you used the motion detection test?

If these are motion-triggered, then you might also consider repositioning the camera.

@bjbryan0511 wrote:

Recording time was reduced to 10mins

Do you mean 10 seconds????

bjbryan0511
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I meant 10 recordings for 100 secs. Not getting audio-triggered recordings, and have played with motion detection test. I moved this camera to this location because of issues, while the camera replaced it and located where this one once was placed is working fine. I was requested by support to reconnect it and replace battery with a fully charged one. Now I'm having problems with adding it back on line, it is not being recognised..........completely frustrated!!!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bjbryan0511 wrote:

Sorry, I meant 10 recordings for 100 secs. Not getting audio-triggered recordings, and have played with motion detection test. 

Ok, so nothing crazy.  This was with no activity zones?

@bjbryan0511 wrote:

I was requested by support to reconnect it and replace battery with a fully charged one. Now I'm having problems with adding it back on line, it is not being recognised..........completely frustrated!!!!

Did you remove it from the account, and then do the hardware reset before adding it back?

bjbryan0511
Aspirant
Aspirant

I managed to reconnect camera back to the network, and see how support's suggestion of reconnecting it works. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation