Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 Camera dpes not record to VMB5000 base station after software update

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lapazwahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four Arlo Cameras.  Two Pro's and two Pro 4's.  After a software date a few days ago, the Pro 4's stopped recording locally to the base station.  The other older Pro's are fine and working.

I deactivated one of the Pro 4's and that did not seem to change anything.  I can view live, I can take snap shots, and the only thing is that they are NOT recording.

Not sure what to do next?

Tom

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lapazwahoo wrote:

I deactivated one of the Pro 4's and that did not seem to change anything.  I can view live, I can take snap shots, and the only thing is that they are NOT recording.

I'd first double check that I can manually record the cameras while livestreaming.  That confirms that the cameras are in a subscription plan.

Then I would double-check the modes for the base, and make sure that there are rules for the Pro 4 cameras that include motion recordings.

If all that looks good, I would run the motion detection test on one of the cameras.

lapazwahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have nor want any subscriptions.  I upgraded and bought the VMB5000 and the newer Pro 4 cameras so I could be on my own-no cloud and no subscriptions.  There was no problem with viewing saved videos for any of the cameras. Now that I have the Updated Arlo application on my Android phone I am having problems.

Both Pro 4's say they are connected to the base station, the default Mode Settings are all set including Recording Length.  However if I attempt to go to either of the Pro 4's-they do not show the bubble on the top right of the image for that device when I am in the "Devices" section.  I do see the red lights on when I walk in front of the Pro 4 cameras.  The only thing missing is that they are not showing saved on the Base Station like the Pro's.

When I do go to "Devices" go to any of the two Pro 4's and click on the image of that camera--I get a pop up that states "You found a premium feature--Visit Arlo...

How do I get them properly set up to the way they were?

The Pro's do have bubble with a number of recordings that an when I click on them I can access the saved videos on the SD Micro card.

lapazwahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just took out my SD Micro card and was able to see videos from those cameras.  They were tough to view because they require a HEVC Video Extensions and my media player prompted me to purchase it if I would like to.  So, it looks like the videos are storing but I cannot access them via my Arlo Android phone.

So,  how do I get to were I was before--able to view videos from any of my Pro 4's?

Tom

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lapazwahoo wrote:

I do not have nor want any subscriptions.  I upgraded and bought the VMB5000 and the newer Pro 4 cameras so I could be on my own-no cloud and no subscriptions.  There was no problem with viewing saved videos for any of the cameras. Now that I have the Updated Arlo application on my Android phone I am having problems.

Do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in your app?  Or do you see "Library" instead?  (the current app supports both interfaces).

With "Library", you touch the "Library" header on the top of that screen, and then you can select the base station.  Then you'll see the local recordings.

If you are now using "Feed", then you should see "storage settings" when you touch the base station on the devices page.  If you press that, then you should see the local recordings.  Definitely not as convenient as "Library".

@lapazwahoo wrote:

The Pro's do have bubble with a number of recordings that an when I click on them I can access the saved videos on the SD Micro card.

No. Those videos are saved in the Arlo Cloud, not the the micro SD card.   The Pro cameras have 7 days of free cloud storage, and there is no option to disable that.  The only way to prevent the cloud storage is to have more than 5 unsubscribed cameras in the account.

Note that the local recordings have no thumbnail, you just see a download icon (until you actually download them). 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lapazwahoo wrote:

I just took out my SD Micro card and was able to see videos from those cameras.  They were tough to view because they require a HEVC Video Extensions and my media player prompted me to purchase it if I would like to. 

VLC will play them with no need to purchase the Windows HEVC extension. 

lapazwahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for all the assistance.

Being that they upgraded the Android software and I have no subscription--I figured out at this point where to find my videos for the Pro 4's.  Like all software programs, coming with instructions and being user friendly are sometimes not the easily to find.

I found the stored videos for all my cameras in a particular place.  First clicked on the profile icon.  I had created a "Home" (no plans) profile in  "LOCATIONS AND PLANS".  I set up all my devices there and gave access to one other person.  Under "Devices" there are the "Cameras" and "Hubs".  In  'Hubs" there I has have my VMB5000 base station.  I clicked on my base station.  There I clicked on "Store Settings", then if you look past "Local Storage Settings" you will see what looks something like the "Feed" in the other part of the software.  There I found ALL my recordings for the Pro's and Pro 4's in a "feed type" format.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lapazwahoo wrote:

Under "Devices" there are the "Cameras" and "Hubs".  In  'Hubs" there I has have my VMB5000 base station.  I clicked on my base station.  There I clicked on "Store Settings", then if you look past "Local Storage Settings" you will see what looks something like the "Feed" in the other part of the software.  

Which is what I told you above 😉

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation