Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
baumbachaflocka
Follower
Follower

The old app worked great with geofencing, it would not arm unless every device left the area. Now it always arms if just 1 person leaves. My system is configuration is the following: anyone arrives> standby, everyone leaves> arm away

They are both set to always enabled and I have made sure that both my devices are setup correctly with always allowing precise location, notifications and do not have battery saver on. Its so frustrating because the old app worked great and the new one is so bad and we were forced to switch when we added the new cameras.

More info there is 1 iphone and 1 android phone used for geofencing, I have it set to the largest area and no other automations except for the geofencing ones.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Can you try utilizing this setup for your schedules with the Arrive/Leave feature and let me know the results?

1. Select Routines > Automations > Select the (+) to create the desired schedules (When created, schedules will be listed under the Schedules section)

2. Create and enable the Arrive automation under > Select Automations > Select the (+) > Add Action > Change Mode > Select Standby > Next > Add an Action > Enable/Disable an Automation > Select the desired schedule > Next > Select Enable > Next

3.  Create and enable the Leave automation under > Select Automations > Select the (+) > Add Action > Change Mode > Select Arm Away > Next > Add an Action > Enable/Disable an Automation > Select the desired schedule > Next > Select Disable > Next  > Save

When completed you should see your options listed under the Arrive/Leave section under Automations

Thank you 

225 REPLIES 225
alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

@alex_loo wrote:

Can't imagine there is such product that says you can skip subscription and then when it reports something, you can't see what has been reported. 

Have you seen this?

It gives more details on what you lose when you don't subscribe.

read it (again) and am more certain I don't need subscription.

@StephenB wrote:

There are some situations where you don't need (or want) storage.  For instance, if you use a camera in a baby's room, you usually just want the live view (and likely are turning off notifications).  FWIW, even if you cannot see any captured video, you can immediately look at the live camera view when you get the notification.  

I find getting playing live right after receiving notification of very limited use.  Due to the huge time lack there.  Every time when I play live, the reported thing is already gone almost every time.  Playback of storage can at least give a highlight of the notification.

Well, unless for the case when somebody is breaking.  After receiving notification, hopefully I can play live and be able to see the burglar still walking around after a few minutes.

Alex