Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing is completely broken in the new APP

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
baumbachaflocka
Follower
Follower

The old app worked great with geofencing, it would not arm unless every device left the area. Now it always arms if just 1 person leaves. My system is configuration is the following: anyone arrives> standby, everyone leaves> arm away

They are both set to always enabled and I have made sure that both my devices are setup correctly with always allowing precise location, notifications and do not have battery saver on. Its so frustrating because the old app worked great and the new one is so bad and we were forced to switch when we added the new cameras.

More info there is 1 iphone and 1 android phone used for geofencing, I have it set to the largest area and no other automations except for the geofencing ones.

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Johanwiltvank
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. And in my experience, the camera's are constantly armed. Even when all persons are present.

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. One of the two designated people (devices) leaves, and randomly throughout the day, the indoor cameras are recording even though the one person is home. The mode is set for only outside cameras when we are home. This is a recent problem with a recent app update or firmware update on the cameras, not sure which. It had worked perfectly for years. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am also having geofencing issues. Same experience worked fine until the new app. Geofencing is one of the main reasons I own arlo cameras. Good to know they are aware but they need to communicate to users more that they know of this issue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bah0482 

Are you still experiencing this with Geofencing?

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

YES. Same issue going on months now. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jcplonghorn Thank you for the update. The team is still looking in to this. I will be sure to update this thread as soon as I can. 

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

Ok thank you. It’s completely broken the way it is. I have to keep the inside cameras disabled. I pray I don’t get robbed or worse because nothing will be recorded. 

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

Incidentally, if Arlo would agree to work with third-party assistants like IFTTT and Zapier, we would have easy workarounds for all the missing and broken Arlo features. But you don’t. Why is that??

ATNo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same problems.

Huskyfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Or with apple home.    Every geofence device that is designed to work with apple Home works flawlessly.  I’m a new Arlo user.   The app and the reliability of its geofencing is an abysmal failure.   To the point of worthless. 

Huskyfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

What good is a system they does not reliably arm and disarm?   What good is a system you think can be trusted, but cannot.  What good is a security system that creates multiple opportunities for false alarms?    No good at all.  Junk.   A system that goes unused due to reliability issues.

Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't think it's a coincidence, but the same day you sent this message it worked for the first time. So far for a few days arm away, and arm home have been changing correctly with geofencing. I'm guessing arlo fixed something. However I still get the same message from the old app on top of the message from the new app when coming/going for geofencing 

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation