Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I have to say Arlo firmware or the apps seem to be getting worse, on the current Pro 4 firmware 1.080.16.2_16_7838050 not only does the percentage not change till the camera is fully charged, you can update it by pressing live view then the camera will update its percentage but wont until its fully charged otherwise, but when the internet goes down as it did today the camera just won't reconnect, you end up having to remove the battery and put it back in. Yes I've tried all the trouble shooting steps and I'm tired of doing this.

Considering the price of these units I really don't expect these bugs. It feels like with each update its one step forwards 2 steps back. This reconnection issue needs to be resolved and as a disabled user I bought these cameras for security, not to waste my carers and my time reconnecting them when every other device reconnects just fine after the internet comes back up (Netgear RAX120 Firmware 1.2.2.24) Come on Arlo get this sorted along with the never ending battery percentage bugs (iOS 15.0.2 using a iPhone 13 Pro and a 3rd generationiPad Pro 1TB) and the latest app 3.4.6 as of typing this.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

New firmware is now available for Arlo Pro 4 and Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight cameras containing fixes that should help alleviate the issue being discussed here. Please make sure your cameras have automatically updated to the latest firmware and test again to see if the behavior has improved.

JamesC

60 REPLIES 60
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

Was this after a internet outage? The new firmware is supposedly meant to fo fix this, if not that means the Pro 3 and Pro 4 series are pretty useless as security. I would laugh if they didn't cost so damn much. If you can I suggest sending them back, otherwise if you have had them for ages you have to hope your internet is stable and you have a strong Wi-Fi setting to the cameras (latter should not stop the cameras re-connecting unless its very weak I would have thought) So its a case if Arlo wont help and they wash thier hands and keep selling faulty equipment. Maybe taking them to court would give the a kick to fix things, or recall faulty equipment, not keep selling expensive cameras that offer very little security. Hardwired with a recorder is the best way still I think, of a Arlo go, okay no colour vision but that camera had better night vision than my Pro 4 (B/W) and always connected if Vodafone went down. I wish I had just bought another one of them.

Jsteinberg
Tutor
Tutor

Update:  Since the firmware update, the reconnection issue seems to be fixed.  I still have sporadic outage issues with my provider but the cameras reconnect each time with no obvious additional battery drain.

Ragab
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using the latest firmware "Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight FB1001 - 1.080.25.1_32_e230cb8", however this is happening when I have an internet outage while the WiFi is still on.

Nokia 5G modem is my internet gateway.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Killhippie wrote:

Was this after a internet outage? The new firmware is supposedly meant to fo fix this, if not that means the Pro 3 and Pro 4 series are pretty useless as security. 

I never had a problem with the Pro3's coming back online after an outage. Obviously, they are connected to a Hub. 

SJUAE
Guide
Guide

I have has 2 occasions over the last week to reset my router and both times only 4 of the 6 cams reconnected immediate the other 2 (different ones each time) seem to take anywhere between 2 and 6 hours but they did reconnect with no noticeable battery drain like before

So I would say yes the new firmware is certainly better

Kmarcum
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have had 3 power blips in the last several weeks since the new firmware and my 3 Pro 4 cameras (wifi) all came back online each time.  So this is certainly good, as before they did not do this.  I wouldn't call it a 100% success yet, I'll give it more time.  But so far it does look good for me.   My 3 old Pro cameras did not come back online without having to reset them.  So as of now I'm happy with the new ones. 

I'll also add that the battery performance looks good for the Pro 4's.  I've only had to charge one, the one most used, in the 7 weeks I've had them.  The other 2 are down to 30%, which I consider to be good given that we have a number of hits every day.  I'm thinking that I'll charge them when they get below 25%.

happyvagabond
Aspirant
Aspirant
> I will be using Verizon for my
internet connection. Would I have this trouble of reconnection?
SJUAE
Guide
Guide

I have had several opportunities over the last week or so to test my 6 Pro 4 cams reconnection after power or internet drop and the new firmware update seems to do the trick

If you have a very strong WiFi connection they will reconnect very quickly but poorer WiFi can take 1 to 4 hours with up to 8% battery hit, which is easily recovered in a day if you have a solar cell attached

My only gripe now is with the app when a cam is triggered I wish the snapshot was viewable in full screen

col1958
Tutor
Tutor

The new firmware has fixed my problems too, cameras have reconnected each time our internet has dropped out.

Drew5949
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will not reconnect to internet. Called support all want to sell something else for around 400.00 that will fix it think it’s a joke
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Drew5949 wrote:
Called support all want to sell something else for around 400.00 that will fix it think it’s a joke

Sounds like you reached a scam support site.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

Discussion stats