Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro 4 siron's volume low when motion activated. This used to work fine. Siron 's volume is loud when turned on manually, but low when alarm is set.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is now resolved with the latest base station/SmartHub firmware releases. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

74 REPLIES 74
Dannybear
Master
Master

Have you checked the armed mode camera rule is set to the correct loudness?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062135/How-do-I-turn-the-siren-on-my-Arlo-camera-on-or-off

MG2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, volume is set to 100. It works just fine when activating the siron manually. The volume is very low when motion activated.

Csar2121
Aspirant
Aspirant

using iphone 12 ios 16.0. have removed hub station and all cameras from Arlo account and reinstall all cams and hub station but still having issues with siren sound super low and the volume fir siren is at 100% 

Dannybear
Master
Master

Is the siren louder when manually triggered from the app?

Csar2121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it’s only loud when trigger manually 

Dannybear
Master
Master

I asked this after reading another post saying the same.

if inclined you could try to see if the triggering camera rule’s siren loudness value will affect the camera’s actual siren loudness as a test.

We are talking about the camera internal siren, not the base station correct?

Csar2121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes camera internal siren 

Csar2121
Aspirant
Aspirant

The triggering camera volume is at 100%

Dannybear
Master
Master

I don’t have a pro3 or pro4 to test this myself.

Reading the article below suggests that the motion triggered siren has it’s own setting adjustment in the mode camera rules.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062135/How-do-I-turn-the-siren-on-my-Arlo-camera-on-or-off 

Can you confirm that this is the adjustment that is set to 100% and if so does the siren level change when this is altered. 

Csar2121
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes it is at 100% and 60 second duration. Made a new mode and set the site to activate under motion and when the comerá is trigger by motion the siren still very low no change at all 

Dannybear
Master
Master

Ok, if this has has just started happening and it occurs the same for your other cameras then it sounds like a camera firmware related issue.

At this point you have the option to contact arlo customer support via the app settings support page.

i will tag the arlo moderators, @JamesC and @ShayneS in case they have questions.

Csar2121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Troubleshooting steps so far:

Rebooted Smart Hub

Reinstalled Arlo app on Android (Pixel)

Removed all devices, including the Smart Hub and added them again 

None worked, still siren 's volume so low when triggered by a motion but normal and high when triggered manually.

This used to work just fine  

LParp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the exact same issue with my Pro 3.  Siren is almost inaudible when activated by motion trigger (trigger siren volume is set at 100%.)  Seems normal when activated manually.

Please update this thread if you find a solution!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for letting me know, I will have these reports investigated and report back as soon as possible. 

MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the help of Arlo support, we identified the root cause of the issue. Devices on the Smart Hub have problem. When I removed one camera from the Smart Hub and added it through the WiFi, the issue was resolved. I tried this with three of my 6 cameras and all three now have normal loud siren when activated by motion. The other three cameras on the Smart Hub still have problem (BTW, I factory reset the Smart Hub before, it did not solve the problem).

So, now that we know the issue is with my Smart Hub, what is the solution? I just purchased these cameras and Smart Hub (a few weeks ago and they are returnable). I would like to find a permanent solution, please and keep my cameras on the Hub for speed and possible local drive storage after my trial period ends.

Thanks.

Dannybear
Master
Master

@MG4 

The smart hub hardware might be ok, if it fell apart within the last week it might be related to buggy firmware update.

if so and you replace the hub and it then updates with the buggy firmware you will have wasted your return costs.

MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, what is the solution then? The firmware on the Smart Hub is the latest update (it says so when I try to add a new device). Are you suggesting that the latest firmware is buggy?  Then what is the solution?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MG4 wrote:

Are you suggesting that the latest firmware is buggy?  Then what is the solution?

The only option would be to wait for Arlo to fix it

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update. I will notify the team.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS,

Thank you very much, appreciate it.

MattBorsos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same story as I’m reading here posted since 2019! Shocking. 

Siren volume was fine, only realised recently the issue so not sure how long this has been a problem BUT triggering siren in the app the volume is the correct volume YET if you trigger the motion activation it’s very quiet no matter if your reset the volume slider???

What’s going on 

Discussion stats