Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 siren volume low when motion activated

Discussion stats
MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro 4 siron's volume low when motion activated. This used to work fine. Siron 's volume is loud when turned on manually, but low when alarm is set.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

74 REPLIES 74
Zbrit00x
Aspirant
Aspirant

100% agree. The options are chat, phone and community board. After having my chat ended on 3 separate occasions after I outline my issue, had 2 of my calls ended after I did the same, community board is the last option.

Who else has experienced or noticed the same issue as me, and did you get any resolution?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Zbrit00x wrote:

Who else has experienced or noticed the same issue as me

Several folks have posted this issue, and I believe Arlo is investigating.

BillUhr
Guide
Guide

I just noticed the same issue yesterday, Oct. 14.  Six new Arlo Pro 4 cameras all do the same thing that you describe.  I have one Essential camera that worked fine a couple of weeks ago but now has the same faint siren issue.  I've done the usual troubleshooting things like rebooting hub, etc.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Jaredinathens
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same problem currently. My sirens used to be so loud when triggered. Just randomly triggered it recently and realized the siren is almost inaudible now. Something is definitely not right and has happened on both cameras, not just one. 

MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dannybsar,

Please read the comments posted earlier saying that the issue has been identified by the support team and a resolution is being worked at ...

Dannybear
Master
Master

@MG4 

Thanks for the heads up, looking like my post has been merged into the thread I posted.

DavidNorris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShaneS - How is the software update progressing. Is there a date planned for release. Thanks David 

Zbrit00x
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m eagerly wondering the same thing considering my cameras have been like this for months now. Looks like I’m going to have to jump ship as the product becomes somewhat useless as a deterrent now. 

MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been several weeks since Arlo support acknowledged the issue and supposedly started working to resolve it. But amazingly, no news coming from them. As a workaround, I have removed all my 6 cameras from the smart hub and added them manually through wifi to get the siren volume working. Of course, that defeats the purpose of having smart hub. I can no longer use the local storage through smart hub and must sign up for paid plan to get the recording and storage working. That is not good.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am monitoring this issue and waiting for an update from the development team at this time. I will be sure to provide an update as soon as received.

Thank you 

MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is clear that this issue is not a priority for the developers. It is definitely is for many of us to have a working system, but I don't see any sense of urgency on fixing the issue. I paid for the Smart Hub, but unable to use it, if I want to have the siren working properly. Plus, without a hub, I am unable to use the local USB storage. What a shame, a product as good as Arlo, yet such a passive support in fixing this major issue.

RAREMARKIII
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pro 3 system faint sirens when motion activated

RAREMARKIII
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exact same issue I'm having with the PRO 3

HansVonHammer
Aspirant
Aspirant

As stated in the subject line, the camera sirens are very muted when triggered with the system on, but loud when tested. They can't wake me up at their current volume, which makes the system useless. Any ideas appreciated, Thanks

Dannybear
Master
Master

Previously reported issue, contact arlo customer support to open a case. Wait for a fix.

HansVonHammer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, it won't let me do anything beyond reading articles or contacting the community, as I don't subscribe to their monthly monitoring.

Dannybear
Master
Master

If you had the floodlamp version of the pro 3 you could have had a workaround but only with subscription.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-4/Arlo-pro-4-siren-volume-low-when-motion-activated/m-p/18779... 

HansVonHammer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the link, very informative and I appreciate your willingness to take the time to assist me. After 18 months of various irritations, I really wish I'd never heard of Arlo.

Dannybear
Master
Master

I don’t have anything to say except that arlo knows about it, has invested it, knows how to fix it, will eventually roll out it out.

MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

The siren volume issue on Arlo cameras which are added to the smart hub is resolved for me. Thanks to Arlo support and the moderator for working on this problem and finally resolving it. Appreciate it.

RAREMARKIII
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi MG4 -

Did you need to do anything to your system after the "FIX" was completed??

Thank you!

MG4
Aspirant
Aspirant

No action was needed from my side, I just noticed the siren now works normally. Apparently, the firmware on the Smart Hub has been updated automatically (pushed).

Iamikec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey there just checked and mine is working again. Thanks for the fix!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is now resolved with the latest base station/SmartHub firmware releases. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats