Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Out of nowhere last night one of my Arlo pro4s went offline. All my other cameras are online . I tried rebooting router and un inserting the battery . When I un inserted the battery and put back in the LED blinked blue rapidly, then picked up motion worked for an hour then offline again. What else should I do and why could this be happening? Does the update have something to do with it? 

#support #arlopro4 #offline

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback, we have rolled back the firmware to the previous version. Can you please reboot your camera(s) and test again. Please let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you 

188 REPLIES 188
Stormymorn5577
Guide
Guide

Been on the phone for 2 hours last 3 days about Pro4 issue. As you all know, they go through the process…. Check your wifi, swap batteries, swap camera positions, reboot… blah, blah, blah. Asked several times that it only occurred after latest firmware change…. Told it wasn’t the problem😆😆😆. Totally useless, luckily if Arlo users have an issue, it can usually be resolved on here. 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

Just now? Cameras have been out all week? I’ve been complaining since Monday but apparently I’m crazy 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

Just covering. 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

Re: Arlo pro 4 you have terrible customer service . Brutal the last few days talking with you and now no support . You guys are losers .

MGobin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the rollback available worlwide? (Belgium in my case). Cam's are offline but only back from holidays tomorrow so can't restart at this time.

MUSBIM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. After a full charge, the battery lasts 1 night. This needs to get sorted soon or I'll retur all the cameras I bought 3 week ago. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@numbr1lionsfan wrote:

Lol @StephenB ! You have had people complaining about this all week ! 

I don't work for Arlo, I am just another user.  

As I said earlier, I'm not seeing this with my own Pro 4.  Though given the volume of complaints, it could well be a firmware issue.

MaxFu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hoping for some help on this one. I have opened up a support case via chat but received no more support than what can be found in the kb on this subject.

I bought a new Arlo 4 in November. It lasted ~ 2.5 months on the first charge. The second charge lasted maybe a month and a half through some extremely cold weather. The third charge lasted a similar 2+ months.

In the last 6 weeks I have charged it 5 times. I have had to charge it twice in this week. Yesterday it was a 100% at 5 pm and I woke up to the camera at 36% in around 15 hours time. 

No settings have changed. Same location, same activity zone, same arming schedule as since November other than playing around with video quality over the winter (same exact everything since at least March). 

Support told me that the streaming count is the cause and that I just need reduce the activity. I don't understand how this is plausible if all things are equal and the same level of activity/streaming would only drain the battery maybe 1-2% at most during a day and that same amount now drains 50-60%. Am I missing something here or is this obviously a faulty battery or some other hardware/firmware issue that has caused drastic battery drain with a trend that is worsening. 

Any help appreciated - I tried to read other threads with this issue and couldn't find much other than some folks got battery replacements. Other wifi issues don't apply based on my situation, sorry in advance if a good thread already exists.

TRUSTBUTVERIFY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Arlo firmware update. I just updated to the latest (I believe) firmware update for the Arlo Pro 4 camera.

1.080.19.2_40_a462be1

1. I plugged my camera into the charger

2. I placed the camera and charger near my my modem

3. I had to do a factory reset

4. Cross your fingers for good luck...I made sure not to cut the power or Internet connection.

This worked for me. I am just a customer like you so please don't get mad at me if it doesn't work.

Catamount
Tutor
Tutor

same here. i have never had good arlo help. they waste your time and don't even have training. i am over arlo and will support blink more. this camera is less than one year old.

Catamount
Tutor
Tutor

baloney. official support = no help.

Catamount
Tutor
Tutor

arlo does not have a care in the world about these issues. we need to put arlo out of business. i am so dissatisfied with this pro 4 as compared to my old pro 2, and the decline in arlo assistance. Enzo in the chat help knew absolutely nothing!

Catamount
Tutor
Tutor

the humans at arlo are even worse than the bots

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi everyone, Arlo has made the decision to reverse the update that causes this issue for the Arlo pro4s. Please update it and it will then be reset to the old firmware. If you cannot update it by clicking update in your app, press the sync button for 15 seconds until the camera flashes amber. Then remove the camera from the app and click add device . Add the device and it will take a few minutes at the end to update the firmware so far my cameras have been working so the real moment of truth will be at night to see if they stay online. 

Chandra1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 4 battery is draining in couple of hours. Out of the 3 I have this is happening to one of them only. It drains very very fast and then it is offline. I checked with different fully charged batteries it is always the same problem. I have raised a complaint or case. They say this is an issue they are observing of late, and working on fixing it. I am not sure how they can fix a hard ware issue for a particular camera through some firmware update. This is a camera bought beginning Dec 2022 so has been used for 8 months. This problem is off late otherwise I was getting atleast 1 month with a charge with very moderate usage. Now without usage and camera been shut down, its draining off. I hope they resolve this issue soon enough, or they would fall out as a piece of junk

Randicox3
Star
Star

I updated mine yesterday evening and all of my cameras survived throughout the night and my batteries were not dead/almost dead so I think it worked! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Randicox3 Thanks for that update.

tmb-19
Star
Star

Hi, @ShayneS 

The update/rollback seems to have worked for me as well. I’ve been up and running for 24 hours, batteries still at 100%. Thanks for your help here. 

Randicox3
Star
Star

@ShayneS Thank you!! 😊

jbagnell4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue on 5 of my 6 cameras. I have been on support a few times over the past week with no resolution however this evening support said they are aware of the issue with some other users as well and they are working to solve the problem. 

MHplus
Guide
Guide

Check out the post Arlo Pro offline. Many users experiencing battery drain after last firmware update. They rolled it back yesterday. If your issue is recent over the last couple of weeks then it’s possible  the solution posted there will help you.

MaxFu
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for this, saw the thread and glad to see it is a known issue

it looked like the solution was to reboot the camera to get the firmware update - is that as simple as flicking the device on setting off and then back on?

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also up and running for over 24 hours , the rollback worked for all of us I think. 

MatthiasP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem! And also the same firmware... 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo just revered the firmware update that caused this issue, did you get a chance to restart your Arlo pro 4 cameras? You can do so by clicking update in your app, or taking the camera down pressing sync for 15 seconds , waiting till it blinks amber. Then , you’ll need to go to your app and click remove device. Then select add device, go through the quick setup and it should say at the end firmware updating which will take a few minutes . This has worked for me and cameras have stayed online no battery issues