Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Out of nowhere last night one of my Arlo pro4s went offline. All my other cameras are online . I tried rebooting router and un inserting the battery . When I un inserted the battery and put back in the LED blinked blue rapidly, then picked up motion worked for an hour then offline again. What else should I do and why could this be happening? Does the update have something to do with it? 

#support #arlopro4 #offline

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback, we have rolled back the firmware to the previous version. Can you please reboot your camera(s) and test again. Please let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you 

188 REPLIES 188
numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

Lol @StephenB ! You have had people complaining about this all week ! All have stated that they do factory resets ! Listen to what people ; customers are saying ! At night the cameras go offline . Nothing is being recorded . The red led lights are on at the front but you can’t control the camera because it says it’s offline . It shows on my home internet modem that it still is online. The battery is drained by morning because it’s stuck. It’s obviously a firmware issue !

Mike1964
Aspirant
Aspirant

The firmware in my camera was updated last week with the same version 1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf. 
I have 4 camera model VMC4041PAerH4. Two of the 4 cameras are draining the battery overnight. There seems to be an issue with the firmware. Before this all cameras worked fine for the last year. Any solutions? 

jlouis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why am I getting alerts that my battery power is low at 15% when my camera is plugged in. I have 4 cameras but only one is giving me the low power email alerts.

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

looks like bad firmware in recent update. Check this thread for more info.
chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

No it doesn’t help nor a hard reset and remove/re-add to account. Time wasting suggestions from Arlo Support.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback, we have rolled back the firmware to the previous version. Can you please reboot your camera(s) and test again. Please let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

I restarted one of my cams . It shows a462be1 version ??

Azcanuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

so help me with this... I'm trying to find the serial numbers and firmware version for my cameras, where is that info in either the app or my.arlo.com.   We have "Arlo Secure".. 

And... how do we do a restart from the app... do we turn the camera off/on or are you referring to some other procedure?  Manually reboot.. how?  

Randicox3
Star
Star

I restarted mine from the app and updated the firmware on one of them and 1 is showing firmware 

1a8a9cf and the other one that updated is showing firmware 

a462be1. 

Kitaka
Guide
Guide

Have tried to restart the first cam but it asks if i want to update to 1.0080.19.2_40_a462be1

This is obviously different to the version you have mentioned???  @ShayneS 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

I asked this question up above . I 

hope this is right because I put it on 2 of 3 of my cameras 

Bluekoala
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our 2 Arlo Pro 4’s have been working fine and then overnight both stopped. Connected directly to the internet with no hub.

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi everyone, my contact from the L3 support team told me they reversed the firmware update. Restart your cameras from the app and it should roll back to the old firmware. Stand by for any more updates 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

I believe this is the old one prior to the update , they just told me they rolled back the firmware  because of the issue we’re all having . Please reboot or restart your Arlo pro 4s as this should theoretically fix it since it’s going back to the previous version 

Randicox3
Star
Star

Hopefully this will fix it. I’ll know once it gets dark outside if this helps. Thank you!! 

Ckro1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Arlo Pro 4 camera owners....so apparently they have rolled back the firmware which has caused the issues.  As much as I look forwards to the 4.5hr drive to my camera and 4.5hrs drive home.....can someone keep us up to date on whether the fix actually worked or not?  I'm not looking at 9hrs of driving for nothing.   Thanks!

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

I’ll let you know in 30 minutes . I’ve rolled mine back. Usually go off around 10pm. Here’s hoping , glad it maybe fixed but not happy how I was treated . I started complaining about this issue and was basically told it was me 

Ckro1
Aspirant
Aspirant

@numbr1lionsfan ...thanks so much.  And for what's its worth, I'm sorry their customer service treated you so horribly.  Perhaps a remedial class in actual customer service and basic business would be beneficial to Arlo's "customer service" team! 

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can confirm a reboot does prompt for new firmware available (after tapping the red exclamation mark icon). 

buggy firmware:

1.080.20.0._17_1a8a9cf

new/old stable firmware:

1.080.19.2_40_a462be1

Randicox3
Star
Star

Both of mine are showing both of those as the firmware, but luckily both are still on and working and haven’t went offline when usually they would be offline by now. Back door is the old after restarting and front yard is the new/old firmware. 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

So far so good ! 30 minutes in haha . Motion triggered after dark camera is still on 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

Still going good , triggered motion , turned motion light on now . Seems to be working 

B-Pono
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently after doing the firmware updates which you have no choice to accept or not accept. My cameras drain overnight and shut down! Prior to the updates everything worked perfectly. I even removed the dead battery to charge and installed a new battery from a camera I just bought and have yet to install. But that too does overnight! Anyone else been having this same issue?

Azzure44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if Arlo have released an actual New Firmware or rolled back to the previous one, but cameras have now moved to Firmware update # 1.080.19.2_40-a462be1.

Will test over next few days see how the camera's performance goes. 

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

old firmware packaged as a new version.