Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Out of nowhere last night one of my Arlo pro4s went offline. All my other cameras are online . I tried rebooting router and un inserting the battery . When I un inserted the battery and put back in the LED blinked blue rapidly, then picked up motion worked for an hour then offline again. What else should I do and why could this be happening? Does the update have something to do with it? 

#support #arlopro4 #offline

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback, we have rolled back the firmware to the previous version. Can you please reboot your camera(s) and test again. Please let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you 

188 REPLIES 188
Barc
Luminary
Luminary

And here we go again.  All 5 of my Pro4 cameras are offline again.  This is bull**bleep**.

tmb-19
Star
Star

Same here. I parked mine on the table next to the router and charged them to 100% this morning. They worked fine all day and went offline at about 8:30 local time. 

Randicox3
Star
Star

Same here. This is very annoying. 

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

I just got off a chat with support.  After having me try multiple things they wanted to know how many feet my cameras are away from my router, what type and how many other devices are connected, as well as delete my cameras from the system and re-add them, when we all know this is a software issue that began with the latest update.  I told them I'm not doing all of that. 

I'm pretty sure I'll be canceling my subscription and just taking my $$$ investment into this system as a loss and learning experience.  I'll replace it with something else, but I'd rather not have any cameras than go through this daily frustration and aggravation of dealing with Arlo's incompetence.

Azzure44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciate everyone's updates. I've raised a separate support request directly with the Arlo support team for this alongside what I am sure are numerous other cases. 

Hopefully, we get a fix to the firmware soon.

I'll drop a note on this thread should I receive anything of interest back from Arlo support team.

ztw220
Star
Star

Yep! They randomly kicked on today around 5pm. Just to go back offline at 11pm when. Ya know, when I would want them for overnight surveillance… such bullsh*t. I thought call of duty was bad with updates. At least they patch their programs in a matter of hours. Meanwhile we spend subscription money on Arlo for literal paperweights after they push out of bogus update. I really hope this gets fixed soon. I’ve used arlo for years and I would love not to leave but this situation is pushing me to the point of saying see ya later. 

Kitaka
Guide
Guide

After x4 pro4 cameras updated to latest firmware they all seem to be disconnecting then smoke the whole battery presumably trying to reconnect. Cameras have worked flawlessly for 18months before this. Seems it’s a common issue with the update. I’ve tried everything and had numerous chats with Arlo online which have been frankly useless… total refusal to acknowledge a problem at all. Has anyone had any traction on this? Any update of a fix? Come on Arlo, get this sorted!! 

Bruno_Wouters
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really disappointed to see that everything is offline from my 3 Arlo pro 4 camera's. Did already do everything, hard reset, removed the app & installed it again, nothing works, when you try to reinstall the camera's again, scanning the qr code, the cameras are not found, as far i can see & read it's a general problem since last update but the fact its impossible to find a solution or get feedback from Arlo when this issue will be solved is really disappointed. A real customer service contact center would be better then leaving the people searching, almost 3 hours in my case, trying to find a solution that as far I know I can not solve, on Arlo can / should..

Best regards, 

Bruno

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

Mine have been doing this. Just started happening a few days ago. When I go outside to check them the red leds are on all the time. Can’t control the camera because it says it’s offline . By morning batteries are dead; the one connected to solar panel will be down to about 8 percent so it comes back online. I’ve deleted and re added them , factory resets while the issues happening etc. Camera will work normal for a few minutes then the same thing happens .

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

this has been happening to be the last four days . When it’s almost dark it starts and the one connected to solar panel has about 8percent power left by morning so it turns back on

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

NOTE: This happens on the PC app only.  The phone app works fine.

I'm not 100% sure if this is related to the issues of Pro 4 cameras going offline since the latest firmware upgrade, so I thought I'd post this specific issue. 

For the last few days every time I attempt to play a live feed on any of my cameras I receive the error.  Restarts, pulling camera batteries, and disconnecting/reconnecting does not help.

Cameras: VMC4041PAerH3, VMC4041PAerH4

Firmware: 1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf

Screenshot 2023-07-17 122201.jpg

Stormymorn5577
Guide
Guide

Having same issue. Pro5 s working fine, but the Pro4 showed it was having firmware update, battery went down now it’s offline???

Come on Arlo, listen to your customers, sick of trying to contact you with your nonsense replies🤨

Ckro1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Best of luck contacting support about this.  Thank you to those who have posted about the hard reset. For the Pro 4.....will give it a try.  When you try to contact support, you may be "deemed ineligible" for support.  Did NOT realize my monthly fee wasn't sufficient for customer service.  

Best of luck to everyone...if anyone is successful with the hard reboot for more then a day or two, please let us know...otherwise maybe it's time for a change. Good thing this happened this weekend, I was just about to go out and buy an additional unit.....that won't be happening  now.  

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep I’m with you on this. I tried several times, several ways to contact them and keep getting the same exact response to do a hard reset! Nobody is saying anything about the deeper problem at hand which is the firmware . I’m done with Arlo after this no more products because this is absolutely ridiculous. You can’t get a real answer and nobody wants to help or escalate the issue too. I give up. But believe it or not, it’s been over 24 hours for one camera and almost 2 days for the other and hasn’t went offline. I don’t want to jinx it but I will keep you posted if I hear anything else from Arlo and if mine stays online

Ckro1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Best of luck to you....yes please keep us all posted on whether this works for you or not.  Have liked the cameras so far......but this customer service...oh....wait......what customer service, I'm ineligible! 😆 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

Mine have been like this for 4 days . I went out last night at 12:30 am and did the hard reset again on the two cameras I could reach with out getting the ladder out . They only worked for about 8 minutes then same thing; leds on in the front and off line . I contacted support and they said nothing is wrong with the firmware . Please let me know what other cameras you guys are buying .

AHansen
Star
Star

I did a hard reset on four cameras. Three of them have been going for the last 48 hours. One of them went off-line early this morning. I reset it again and it’s still going. I have two other cameras which have have worked normally (i.e. have not gone off-line spontaneously). Who knows?

Ckro1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone been able to click on the "End of Life" title when they tried to get into the support section....is Arlo Pro 4 being discontinued or something?  I'll see if I can get the message to pop up again....

Ckro1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ckro1_0-1689627010950.png

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah I feel like it’s just going to be happening..I’m not banking on them staying on for good to be honest. I saw someone else’s comment about the end of life policy but I didn’t see the Arlo pro 4 in there unless I missed it.. I’m just so disappointed and would rather not spend the money right now but I need reliable cameras. I can’t always worry about them going offline you know. I also can’t believe I’m getting the same answer and we’re all getting the same answers from Arlo which is to do the same thing over and over again. I’m going to get Argus or ring going forward 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback regarding this offline issue. I have provided all the info to the team and I will update you as soon as possible. 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

I also have a post under troubleshooting . If people can post comments there as well it would be helpful . Same issue as this post ; I’m just a new poster and maybe put it in the wrong area ?

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you! 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

I’m going to go outside and take video of the sensors . Buy something else 

Kitaka
Guide
Guide

Same issue here, seems its an issue after firmware update. Ive posted here https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-4/Pro4-issues-after-firmware-update/td-p/1921463

I've lodged a couple of jobs with Arlo and spoken over the phone but no help at all....

Please let me know if you have had any luck?