Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
67Pete
Guide
Guide

is the Arlo system offline in Australia.  I have done everything I can but all cameras say offline.  My wifi is good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
67Pete
Guide
Guide

Tried resetting everything again this morning and it all connected.  I did nothing different to the four times I tried yesterday.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
W8
Aspirant
Aspirant

ours are not working either we are in Western Australia no notifications and no live view at all, I rang support and they got angry with me for asking for an update not impressed 

mtbinary
Aspirant
Aspirant

At 11:20 am yesterday, our Pro 4 cameras stopped connecting to the Internet. After resetting our base station, nothing connects to the Internet. I have factory reset all devices and cannot get them reconnected to the internet whether I try with a base station or direct to the internet, the cameras will not register.

In my troubleshooting, I even went to a house with a different internet provider. Same results. I live in Costa Rica. Incidentally, I have Pro 2 cameras running on a five year old base station that is still working just fine.

Very interesting that there are now three reports of Pro 4 cameras failing in foreign countries. Is this a IP blocking issue? 

I am a an Arlo Secure subscriber because I use 7 cameras. I don't use the emergency alert system due to my location. Regardless, the system has been fine for 5 years. Yesterday, something changed on Arlo's central servers...

mtbinary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looking around, it doesn't appear as though Arlo's support team looks at these boards? 

I chatted with support. The chat op said she would refer our chat to the support team and that they have a 24 hour reply as their support level... Oddly, I received a service ticket via email and have no way to login to review the ticket, add relevant information, or correspond in any way.

I'm actually shocked by the low level of online support when considering I pay for a subscription!!
When I hear back, I will come back here and share their response.

67Pete
Guide
Guide

Tried resetting everything again this morning and it all connected.  I did nothing different to the four times I tried yesterday.

mtbinary
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still cannot connect my cameras whether I use a base station or not. Something is blocking the camera's ability to connect.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mtbinary,

If you've factory reset the base station, you will also need to factory reset and resync the cameras.

What behavior do you see when trying to resync the cameras?

JamesC

mtbinary
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC. Right. I definitely reset the camera as well. Had flashing blue on both the camera and the base station, but it simply wouldn't connect.

That said, this morning I may have used more patience?

To reset the Pro 4 camera, I pressed the sync button till the light started flashing amber. I waited until the light stopped flashing amber and switched back to flashing blue. Then I pressed the sync button again to set the sync, despite the cameral already flashing blue after the reset.

It is possible that I didn't give the camera enough time to 'restart' after doing the reset?

In addition: I noted elsewhere that I have two systems. The older system sues a VMB4000 basestation and the one I've been fighting with over the weekend was a VMB4540. This morning I took a camera up to my other house and it connected flawlessly to the older basestation. Fortunately, I have several units and was able to switch back to the older VBM4000 here at the other house. Once I did that, my cameras are connecting again. I'm too lazy to test the newer basestation to see if I was somehow doing the camera reset improperly.

Regardless, problem seems to be solved. I'm good to go. Pura Vida! 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation